Evan Berry, McNeil and other stuff from WCU

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 20, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Evan Berry gets his first of what is hopefully many kick off returns for a touchdown with Eric in attendance. That's awesome. It was also a hell of a return. Berry also had 5 tackles on the night.

McNeil, who's career some thought was over, had an interception and returned it 57 yards. Good for him.

Kamara can return punts too. It's the first time since 1950 something Tennessee had a kick off and a punt return for a touchdown in the same game.

Preston Williams first catch as a Vol is a touchdown.

McKenzie, in his first extensive playing time, causes a fumble and is generally immovable in the middle.

Dormady could be very good here.

John Kelly is going to be a good running back here. He's looked good in limited time.

Jujuan Jennings in the wildcat is a nice wrinkle. I don't think it's much different than Dobbs at qb though.

Tennessee came out injury free and had the 2nd team in with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. That's what's supposed to happen against teams like WCU.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I said Kamara needs to be returning punts midway through game 1.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Makes me nervous putting Sutton back there, even as good as he is

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Because of injury, I assume?

If I just need a guy back there to field the punt... A guy I know I can trust, Sutton is the guy. If I want the guy that causes everyone to hold their breath every time he touches the rock, give me Kamara.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for putting your best guy back there, but I get nervous too

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think there's much of a difference between the two when they get the ball in their hands. For depth's sake, Kamara may be the better option.

Cam asked to do it last year.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Agree to disagree. Kamara just seems like the bigger home run threat to me. Cam has shown he will catch the ball and not do anything stupid, which is nice too. And it's not like he's a bad returner. Just think Kamara is the dude.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah, injury. i'm with Justin. Don't think there's much difference between the 2

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Who can we NOT afford to lose to injury? .... it's a simple question with a simple answer..

Sutton, IMO.

Ergo, put Kamara back there if you have to.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Put North back there. Will be the first time anyone tries to get him the ball.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think jumper needs to be back there.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not sure North is 100%.

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It's got to be Kamara. Sutton is our best DB and probably our best all-around defender. He is not replaceable in my mind.

Kamara looked great against Western Carolina and doubly needs the job because he's clearly not getting used much on offense. Sutton returning punts not only raises his risk of injury but it also has to wear him out.

Unless Jones wants to tell me Sutton can play 80-85 snaps on D and return punts and not get gassed while Hurd apparently can't go 3 carries without getting gassed.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The more I listen to this joker the more I cannot wait until he is out of here.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Put Kamara back there and call it a day, he's not playing near the same amount of snaps as Sutton and he's not nearly as important as Sutton. For all the talk about how badly we suck, our special teams has been elite this season.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Medley could hit consistently outside of 30 yards, it would be.

The coverage and return units are great.

17. GahLee

Medley aside, which would normally be hard to do because he hasn't been very good this year, the return units and cover units have been great, also Daniel has been great at punting.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trevor Daniels has Colquitt potential

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Medley has a great leg. Guy can really crank them out. He just can't hit the broadside of a barn.

I want to say on that 45 yard miss against OU he was well in the upper half of the uprights.

20. GahLee

With our offense being what it is he is going to be relied on to flip the field and pin teams deep, he's been great at that all year so far.