Evan Berry

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

is the KO return man now.

Are you going to be aggravated that he wasn't doing it earlier or excited when he houses (or cribs for KB) one Saturday?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Won't be aggravated. Taking half the season to teach a freshman to catch the ball and run toward the other ****ing endzone is all part of the process.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No, I will not be angry. I don't think it should take that long to identify this kind of talent, but at the same time, we are asking for a juggler to juggle 100 things. With 22 freshmen playing significant minutes, I can see this getting pushed back.

This is nothing like 97 and Jamal Lewis, where you had a senior laden team and you should have been able to spot The Guy earlier than game 4.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Both.

I've heard that catching kicked balls is one of the hardest things in football, but that may just apply to punts, IDK.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We gonna win.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;1FUB8SrlQAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUB8SrlQAE[/video]

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Meh...not buying the high level of difficulty in plugging personnel into the right positions. I just don't think picking a kickoff returner is rocket surgery when you have a guy with sub 4.4 speed with good vision. So it is a bit annoying that he's not there yet. Better late than never though. Fulmer'd probably have Justin Coleman and Devrin Young back there until Jesus comes back.

And yeah, I think he may crib a few before he is done at UT.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I can understand hesitancy from the staff to throw a Freshman out there. He could do something knuckleheaded (and against his teachings) like taking a 5-yard deep kick out. Or waving for a fair catch at the 5 (which has happened, albeit rarely).

We do need to get Cam Sutton away from returning punts. Makes me nervous as hell that our best DB is back there returning punts. We simply cannot afford to lose him.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Young is the king of taking punts out of the endzone that have no chance of advancing past the 20.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Which is a big reason he is not, nor should not, be back returning kicks.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The other big reason being his rib cage has him living the life of the "Operation" board game guy on a road trip to a Cerebral Palsy kids camp in Mexico.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

If he houses one I will be happy. Immediately followed by what f* were they waiting for?

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

You know what?

F)(&* it.

Berry houses a Kickoff.

Sutton houses a pick-6.

D creates 2 other turnovers within 40 yards of the uprights. UT fails just well enough to move or stay within FG range.

UT wins 20-17.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boom. Drink the kool aid while you can, boys.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Jonestown here we come

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jonestown was a bunch of quitters. This is Tennessee football-- Ebola zombies, baby. We don't stay dead.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lets slow our roll, guys. A competent SEC special teams player tackles Berry on the first hit. It was one return. I agree he should have been the guy from jump but damn, y'all. He's not gonna be Devin Hester based off of a 60 yard return against an FCS directional school.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

#reddog

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

See this is the negativity the peeps are talking about with the 8th.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're going to have all Sunday, let us have Friday afternoon!