Ex-Vols aide funded airfare payment for Seastrunk

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by GoVols, Sep 26, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the best thing to do.

The NCAA spent months on campus here digging around and found nothing of substance. Do you think they are going to come back and say, "We screwed up and missed this major violation"? No.

Second, this can't be considered a "repeat offender" case when it happened before or right around the same time "Hostess Gate" was happening.

And yes, Garza had Hunter sewn up and jumped ship to USC (though Tennessee's track coach had just as much, if not more, to do with it than any one coach)

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Wonder if this had anything to do with Garza's abrupt exit from USC?

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would say it had everything to do with it.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

While I'm not too concerned about further sanctions, I am concerned about how this will affect recruiting. This could really make things difficult.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Can $1500 be considered a major violation if the athlete didn't even sign here?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

tenn needed to realize they need to buy willie's "recruiting package" to get this stuff done. dumb.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

yep. that's what you get when you sign up for the free membership.

8. tripper

tripper Member

We can't even pay players to play here. Depressing.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Anyone here have any more details about this investigation?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Make it stop. If we're going to cheat, can we actually sign the guys? Is that so much to ask?

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It is stupid as all hell to wire money to a turd like Lyles and expect it to turn out well. How in the hell does any sane guy decide that's a good idea?

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Tennessee can't be deemed a repeat offender.
    2. Sooner or later, guys falling on their swords isn't going to be enough to save Lane Kiffin.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is absolutely a sword being fallen upon, but I think it's as much about Orgeron as anyone. I think they both play fast and loose (read:ignore) with the rules, but O is likely driving the train. That's not to say that I think Kiffin is opposed to the idea of throwing away the rule book, but Orgeron is flat out a professional.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think kiffin has the carroll "don't ask, don't tell" way of management.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That method of management is starting to die out.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think he's actually figured that out at usc.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

depends a little on how the conference stuff works out and whether it neuters the AA. The AA definitely has to move away from the feigned ignorance as a defense crap. That would change some of it.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Pride and arrogance can make one feel invincible. I would bet that this was common at USC, SOP so to speak. You think that if the NCAA hadn't taken so long in their investigation of USC, this crap may not have happened? Or does a zebra never change it's stripes?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

a brother can feel invincible without doing stupid crap.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Agreed, but it probably wasn't the first time it had happened; they just hadn't been caught. Thus, feeling they could get away with it.

What pisses me off is that Lyles, Seastrunk, and the momma (who had $$$ in her eyes) will probably not be held to any measure of accountability.

Edit: I just want this junk over. Every time we think this shit is over, something else pops up. I'm sick of wandering through the wilderness. I want an ending so we can have a new beginning.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011