Excitement building for 2022

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can we vacate the Georgia State loss?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good follow on twitter. Cobb, Webb, Jabari davis, Henry, Jamal, Stephens in the last few days

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember some Florida fan trying to convince me Stephens was pretty much contained by the Gators in 2001 because "except for a few big runs, we were stopping him". Idiots.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea, if you just take away the 6 or 7 runs of him ripping through their asshole for 30 yards or more then he would’ve only had like 80 yards rushing. Brilliant logic. It’s like when I hear opposing fans in the NFL claim that their team dominated Derrick Henry except for that one play where he gashed them for a 75 yard TD.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

For some reason my YouTube feed churned out the 2000 Florida game the other day and I found myself rewatching it in the background while working from home. Holy shit that game was a bigger choke than the 2015 OU game. 12-0 start where it easily should’ve been 21/24-0. Out rushed them by what seemed like 200 yards, they could not stop Travis Henry. Six first and goals that resulted in five fields goals and just one TD. Should’ve never been in a position to allow the refs to screw us at the end. What a cost anger abortion that game was, thank goodness I was a little too young to really remember suffering through that.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thanks for making me remember how violently angry that made me

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Florida had zero business winning that day. That has to be worst choke we’ve had in my lifetime. Made the 2014 Florida game look like we didn’t blow it. I would’ve absolutely lost my mind that day had I been old enough to lose my mind over Vol football

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

May have been the last time I had dark liquor. Kicked a table that slid into my friends wife. Never felt so bad. May have been the last time I really got mad at a loss as well. Now I will go take a quick walk after a bad L or go silent for a few to sulk but then I’m done.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We had a nice gameplan that worked great between the 20s, we just couldn’t move it any more when the field got compressed.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Linemen getting out in front to block, thing of beauty!

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I was 13 and watched it from Z12 R41 S2. A Florida woman in our section carried one of the funnier signs that Ive ever seen at a game. It read "AJ SUGGS CLAUSEN'S PICKLE".

-

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Here I was telling myself all summer that I wouldn't care so much about this season, but it's 8:00 on a Saturday and I've been looking at [uck fay]ing A&M and Arkansas games trying to get an idea of what the West will look like this year. This is addiction. And it's not like I can even talk to anybody about it, I don't know a single soul who knows more than what their team does, and most of those people know less about their team than I do.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Every year.

[​IMG]

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’ve officially shaken off the sadness induced by the Notre Dame baseball super regional disaster and have my full focus towards obsessing over how we match up with Pitt. I’m at the point where I’ve convinced myself there’s no way Pitt can beat us without Kenny Pickett and their stud WR in a half filled Pittsburg Steeler stadium.

VolDad likes this.
  18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Whitehead out for the season

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lyn-J Dixon on campus

20. Ssmiff

he must be the rb I was hearing about. He just transferred to wv from Clemson right?