Excitement building for 2022

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Z11 has always been my go to spot. I like the view from that section. Downside is no cover if it rains. Sun doesn't bother me.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Near where I liked. I have to have seatbacks nowadays.

Attached Files:

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I feel like bleachers have more leg space which I like. One year in section Z the seats we got had seat cushions with backs that folded up on them that were bolted to the bleacher. It was nice.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They do unless you got someone who sits as far back as they can in front of you and leans into your knees.

5. Ssmiff

the ones I had were actually chairs with plenty of leg room. Not all in the section had them. My back can’t handle straight up bleachers.

Poppa T likes this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I've had bleachers out in open and survived the Heath Shuler UF flood game. My buddy had the seat backs attached to his bleachers, he has a bum knee and hated them (other than he had his little square safe from the wide bodies).

I like the real chairs, the roof, the view and the price in the North EZ upper deck. It is open, but dry and I don't feel like I am in a cave or scrunched like I did in bleacher lowers under cover.

I have been lucky, other the the shit years, any seat has been a good seat when Neyland is rocking. I love that place.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's what I like. Lower level, corner of the endzone. I'm in O, row 36. I'd prefer Q or P, but it's not terrible where I'm at.

Upper deck loses some of the game atmosphere to me.

OneForVol likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Main time you don’t want to be upper deck is against Florida with Guranturnover at qb and a TE running down the field with nobody within 20 yards of him and watch the qb have terrible footwork, fade away left and miss him before a turnover on the next play or 2 and Florida scores soon after. “He’s wide open” is a very common phrase up top

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But you always have the option to lean back and hit the pavement in about 1.5 seconds. It's nice to know that's available.

VolDad and SetVol13 like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You've not lived until you watched a game leaning up against the janky ass railing at the top of the upper deck in the south endzone.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Bought 2 in section O. Felt like I got em for a steal, $38 each. They are in the middle of a long row but I generally am not getting up more than once during a game so that's no big deal for me.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

O is a pretty good section.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've begun counting down the hours. My wife said it is a good thing I don't gamble, because I am always so excited before the season and crushed once it starts. I told her I've already bet every autumn I'll ever have on the Vols.

And I'm down. I'm down bad, man.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

I was excited last year and even more this year as I know I’m going to be entertained and we have a really good culture right now. Peer recruiting finally happening after all these years, which means they will also be held accountable by teammates and play for their teammates. That’s when it all starts happening.
    Unless your announcer is a cooler.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They people whose season tickets we'd use growing up were 2 rows below the O. Was great to lean back against it and have a breeze hit you.

Poppa T likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Best view out, there at that spot

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

A college bud and I split 4 season tix up under the "O" about 6 rows down, until I got 4 in YY. All us drunks up there referred to it as the O-zone. Good times.

My Mom hated those seats. She does not like heights. She did not feel safe until the bodies were packed around her.

18. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

You didn't happen to have those O seats in 2016 did you?

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

SHORT ANSWER: Nope.

TL;DR: I got the 4 additional tix in YY, 1996/97? It was pre 1998.

When they put the South Jumbotron up in 1999, they gave us the option to keep those 4 in that section, upgrade seats (aka, donate) or we could move to 4 over in nondonation QQ, where you could see the JT.

We took the QQ option. Those were some rowdy (good rowdy for the most part) seats too. We would sit in the chairs in YY and send the kids and guests to QQ.

If we ever had to send a visiting team friend to QQ, we tried to keep the ratio 3 UT/1 visitor for protection purposes.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ben Mckee-

What Cedric Tillman was doing to defensive backs in this morning’s open portion of practice should be illegal in all 50 states