Expectations/Predictions for 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 19, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

that man is lucky he is so connected. if he wasn't Vince Dooley's son, he'd still be a lawyer somewhere.

10SEvols likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Perhaps you don't remember, but the game had little to do with that guy. Bray and the offense couldn't or wouldn't find their ass with two hands that day.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Neal fumbled inside the 10 yard line too

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah but he only threw like 4 passes and avg.d over 5 yards on a bunch of carries and kept the clock moving.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Scored 10.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

3-7 is a real possibility if the team that showed up yesterday is what we get the rest of the season.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True, but Pruitt has saved it both years when it looked like it was spiraling out of control. He's going to cost himself this job if he doesn't get his shit together at qb.

Chaney has managed to get Nathan Peterman, Jonathan Crompton and a no name qb at Arkansas on nfl rosters. He can "simplify" an offense and still get results. This is how bad a headcase he is.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offensive skill players quit on Guarantano yesterday. They aren't getting back on the wagon for him. He's done. There aren't any receivers or olinemen coming in and telling Pruitt they believe in Guarantano

Memtownvol and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Roll Bailey out, let him take his lumps and make a run in 2021 or figure out where your next dc job is going to be. I like him, I do think he's got a good system in place but the pre snap penalties, the shit show at oline and Guarantano is going to get him bought out

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I’m as sick of coaching searches as I am losing stupid ass games. Y3 you’re flushing out your roster, not figuring out your identity. Big boy is going to have to nut up in a real hurry.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Realistically we aren’t going to fire him till year 5 due to that recent extension.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're 2-2 in a pandemic season that could end at any time. Seriously, what are the chances we don't finish the season at this point? I'd say it isn't 0%. And we don't need to save redshirts anyway. So then why bother starting a 5th year QB who can't stop turning the ball over? Let Bailey throw the picks and make the fumbles. He hasn't demonstrated an inability to improve yet.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I also have serious questions about starting Kennedy going forward. Is he coming back for a seventh year? If not, why not start developing who will be center next year with a new QB? Kennedy has been [uck fay]ing up too.

14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

As a whole, I'm glad Fulmer is our AD. But that extention was bat shit crazy.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Carvin is most likely the next center, he's played there quite a bit, but yeah Kennedy isn't good

16. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Hell, they'll have to beat at least one ranked team just to get to 5-5 now, though maybe Auburn won't be ranked by the time we play them.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

5-5 is doable and would keep the pitchforks at bay, but I wouldn’t pick us to win away to either Arkansas or Auburn right now. Hopefully three weeks and a new QB make a big difference.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Honestly, if Tennessee doesn't turn the ball over 3 times per game and just eek out some points, they can win every game except Alabama and Florida.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, you don't beat anyone turning the ball over like they have been.

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You give UGA 13 points in 15 minutes.

You give Kentucky 17 points off turnovers and quit.