Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Apr 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

So, they took roughly 50 years to do what could have been done in about 48 hours? Great use of resources. "Pitched warfare?" Please. Ask the Branch Dividians about deciding to toe up against the force of the government. Also, how many people have you seen decide to attempt to deny an agency, FBI, ATF, DEA, etc the ability to serve a lawful warrant/subpeona by force since the ATF incinerated Koresh and Company?

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm thinking we get a lot of warnings of this variety

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The people at rolling stone put this mother****er on the cover. Are you kidding me?

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

exactly the attention that supporters of terrortist groups desire

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Lead singer from Disturbed goes ape shit over this.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Gonna buy 5 copies for his mother.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I remember some article about how awesome and transcendent ****ing Hoobastank is in Rolling Stone. Probably been about ten years since I read that and put the magazine down forever. It's pretty much garbage. I hope the backlash from this puts them out of business.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is pure stupidity. Even I, as a lowly school teacher, know that when the motive of a behavior is to seek attention that the best course of action is to starve the beast of what they desire.

These types are cowardly savages. They deserve nothing.

10. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

So, according to the magazine, it was his family's fault? Bless his heart. I've always hated this magazine (they're to the left of Lenin), but this is over the top... which is what they're aiming for, I guess.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Reminds me of Time putting Adolph Hitler as their Man of the Year in the 1930s and having to defend it.

12. OrangeEmpire

How so, someone can at least argue the Marge Schott talking points as a positive

13. Unimane

Time argued that Man of the Year was a designation for the person of most influence, not one who possessed the best qualities. It was also before it was known that Hitler was as crazed as he was.

14. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I'm with that guy.

15. OrangeEmpire

Sorry, my reply was awful.

I fully see how Hitler would be Man of the Year.

Is this fool in Boston really the most influential?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

difference is this is a music magazine. if sports illustrated put him on the cover it would be no less defensable.

17. OrangeEmpire

You know it, the victims should be honored.

Trying to figure out unis perspective.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

RS has been doing this bit for 45 years.

Also, good thing the lead singer of Disturbed will never have to worry about being on the cover of RS.

19. Unimane

No perspective was meant, really, just an observation. If pressed, I will say it's irresponsible and I'm not entirely shocked that a magazine which relies on circulation numbers to survive will go for something shocking on the cover.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's good at killing little children. He also provided us a couple of days of high quality tv drama.