F1 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, the field can thank Grosshawon for taking out the championship leader. Alonso still has a good lead but the margin for error is gone, and there's still a long way to go.

2. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i'm not sold that the wreck changed the outcome, alonso and kimi were roughly a half second quickey in P3 but through qualifying jenson was a half second or better, at least in Q2 and Q3. that being said the fact of no points at all compared to very possibly a podium finish or a certain top 10(assuming finishing the race) was a huge dong punch to alonso but at least grosjean won't be able to do it next week to anyone

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is the only F1 thread so I'll bump it.

Alonso looks to be going to McLaren and Vettel is going to Ferrari. Very interesting.

Also, Suzuka is very wet right now. I love wet races.

4. syndicate

The promoters in Japan dropped the ball. They had a chance to run the race earlier today and decided against it, and now it is looking like it will be called after 2 laps behind the pace car.

Edit: They are getting to race.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I hope Bianchi is okay. This doesn't sound good.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hope he is going make it through this.

7. syndicate

They need to start using the safety car when an accident requires a recovery or medical vehicle to come out from behind the wall.

8. syndicate

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Holy shit

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Holy shit.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wow.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's lucky his head was still attached. Hoping he pulls through, but after seeing that video it's hard to imagine a good outcome.

13. syndicate

Jules is diagnosed with a severe diffuse axonal injury, and supposedly people with that injury only have a 10% chance of ever regaining consciousness. Very sad.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Surprised he was not simply decapitated. That wreck was ugly. And wasn't there some concern about the rain that day?

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It might be the best for him if he didn't. I can't imagine he'd have a very high quality of life if he does wake up.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure they almost postponed the race due to the rain.

17. syndicate

The FIA wanted to have the race moved up a few hours but the track promoters wouldn't allow it.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hear the lawyers starting up their chants...

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's not that cut and dry. Most people in Japan take trains and they would not have made it in time to see the race.

20. syndicate

The nbcsn crew said the stands were packed at 8 am. The support races were moved up a few hours, but no one really cares about them.