Fallout 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I used Dogmeat. Can't think of a time I ever died because of him, though I can see where having him behind you in a tight hallway might be problematic. As for sneaking, he does occasionally blow my cover, but it usually just means I have to start fight a little earlier than I had hoped.

I like having the extra carry weight, and he does serve as an excellent distraction in combat from time to time, so I keep him around.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've been using the Valentine guy. He's helped out a lot with hacking some terminals and he's pretty helpful when fighting. Have progressed enough with the story to get any of the others.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't even gotten him yet. I just recently visited diamond city for the first time and I am on the mission to find him. The only other one I have is the random super mutant Who enjoys poetry that you free from Trinity tower.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Didn't know about him. I know what I'm doing tonight. Is there a mission that goes along with it or just clear the building?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's a mission. One of the more enjoyable ones that I've done. I believe I started it by just entering the building, but there might be some sort of radio beacon that can start it as well. Make sure you don't miss the bobble head At the top, and keep the suit the guy gives you at the end. It has +3 charisma, which I believe is the best charisma bonus in the game.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Settlements are starting to get on my nerves. Despite having high enough defense ratings (defense=food+water), they keep trying to give me missions to go clear out enemies that are bugging them. If I don't go do he mission somewhat quickly, I fail it. I don't like having failed missions on my log, but these things pop up constantly and get old fast.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Got the X-01 power armor. It's a thing of beauty, and it makes me wonder if I should have gone the high defense, high health, high endurance, melee + power armor route. That shit sounds fun.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Melee is a lot of fun, but takes a bit to get the perks and equipment set up for it properly.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I could probably get away with it strictly because of how strong my power armor is, but my strength and endurance aren't nearly high enough to really justify it.

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of ballistic weapon selection in this one as opposed to NV. I'm still using a modded hunting rifle as my sniper, a modded combat rifle as my main weapon, and a modded 10mm as my handgun/ammo saver. The legendary versions are kind of a neat change, but I enjoyed having a large selection of unique weapons with different names to choose from in New Vegas.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are already mods that expand things a fair amount. But I guess you're on console.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Indeed I am on console.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Which faction did everyone side with? I've read a little about the way the game plays out, and frankly, I don't think I'm going to be a fan.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Only played about 25 hours and I have no clue what you're talking about.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You need to get your priorities straight.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I should really start looking for my son and follow the main story lines I guess.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I joined up with the Railroad over the weekend. I wasn't feeling the Brotherhood of Steel.

Also, I lost the dog. I dismissed him and took on a different companion, but it didn't give me the option of sending him anywhere. Is he just hanging out wherever I left him? If so, that sucks because I have no idea where I switched.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nah, take your time. I'm already an extremely high level and I'm only about halfway through.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's the way I'm leaning, though I'm really not a fan of their leader. I like the brotherhood aside from their blind hatred of all synths. The fact that you can't push people to change beliefs is going to be my biggest gripe of this game.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, and try looking for the dog at red rocket truck stop (yes, I think it's a funny play on words that you find the dog there). Companions are supposed to go back to where they came from if you don't send them anywhere. I'd build him a doghouse at the location you send him to after you find him. He will always be in it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haven't been able to play in a week. I may not get to this kind of thing again for a month. This is prime time for me to do lab work that takes up 8 to 12 hour blocks of time to do.