Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, Jun 4, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't claim individuals evolve. You again are inferring things to create a point to argue. The response did not logically follow.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wow. Float vs. IP for the Turtle Championship and the right to choose how many children Indy will have as well as name them.

You don’t get this on most message boards.

chavisut likes this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The first 17,900 will all be named Darrel.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then what was your point relating to your dog, then, and what is its relation to paragraph it is in?

The response followed logically, and that still isn’t what a non sequitur is.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone played this yet? Wondering if it’s worth buying on sale for around $40 on Xbox.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Reviews aren't good.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holy shit, you weren’t kidding. I hadn’t read any because I expected them to be very mixed and not that helpful.

They all pretty much agree - the game sucks.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Making this game exclusively online was a big mistake

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There are some humorous vids on YT that compile people melting down while trying to play that garbage game.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Gaming industry is in flux right now. Blizzard tried stuffing some mobile Diablo crap down their fans throats at Blizzcon and people laughed and booed them off the stage.

Cash grab, cash grab all.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Indy's conclusion: Buy the game, because it's probably great.

kptvol, utvol0427 and chavisut like this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was surprised by how many games are on sale right now.

Games themselves are getting cheaper and cheaper, and I think that will continue as companies shift their focus more and more towards in game purchases.

Additionally, the rise of “e-sports” will be the death of the traditional story-based games that I grew up loving. It’s unfortunate.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think the microtransaction model will reach a critical mass and will collapse. But I am often wrong in my predictions. I just don't think it is a sustainable model. I would rather have fewer games of higher quality than a bunch of crap games. 1983 Atari and companies are coming to mind.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope not, because I don’t care one bit for that kind of gaming

15. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's ridiculous. There's Assassin's Creed, Fallout, KotOR, The Witcher, Mass Effect, Fable, Final Fantasy, GTA, Red Dead, and Bioshock as popular titles. These make no mention of the almost infinite library of indie games out there catering to the genre. Almost all of these are continuous series, too. If you can't find story-based games, it's because you're not looking.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I don't understand what you mean by this. Microtransactions are in all genres of games regardless of quality. Microtransactions are honestly a much better system than the alternative, though, which is that the base price of games increases from the floor of free for certain games, and increases the Triple A games from $60 to a much higher shelf-price.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I generally hate micro transactions but I actually enjoyed the Rocket League/Fortnite model. No real impact on performance, but you almost feel like rewarding the developers because the game was awesome and free.

They've also kinda subsidized the development of your monster Rockstar games, allowing the company to make money while taking years to make fantastic games.

NBA 2K is terrible about them, though. Your player is essentially useless unless you spend extra.

18. InVolNerable

76 just released a 47gb update, no new features. All patch fixes, lol.

lylsmorr likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Did you buy it?

20. InVolNerable

Nope. Was just looking up reviews, and that was one of the first things to come up.

lylsmorr likes this.