Favorite Vol Player This Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Mine: Derek Barnett

Primary Reason: He's flat-out, legit, honest-to-goodness, mean as shit.

I like and appreciate his immense talent, and on-field accomplishments, for sure. But he's my favorite because he is just mean. Like, knock you on your ass, nasty, FU, and doesn't give two damn rips about doing so.

When I think of the traits of a favorite defender, "mean as shit" is pretty high up on my list.

And DBarn brings a nautical shit-ton of it, and hence, is my favorite player.

Who's yours, and why is it also Derek Barnett?

2. Tenacious D

Mine: Derek Barnett

Primary Reason: He's flat-out, legit, honest-to-goodness, mean as shit.

I like and appreciate his immense talent, and on-field accomplishments, for sure. But he's my favorite because he is just mean. Like, knock you on your ass, nasty, FU, and doesn't give two damn rips about doing so.

When I think of the traits of a favorite defender, "mean as shit" is pretty high up on my list.

And DBarn brings a nautical shit-ton of it, and hence, is my favorite player.

Who's yours, and why is it also Derek Barnett?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I agree for the very reasons you mentioned. Defense is all about getting as many guys to the football as possible and having them arrive in a bad mood. Barnette seemes to be perpetually pissed off. I like that.

Offensively it was Hurd because he's as close to a mean as shit defensive player we had on offense.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely Barnett followed by Sutton.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I agree for the very reasons you mentioned. Defense is all about getting as many guys to the football as possible and having them arrive in a bad mood. Barnette seemes to be perpetually pissed off. I like that.

Offensively it was Hurd because he's as close to a mean as shit defensive player we had on offense.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Definitely Barnett followed by Sutton.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Wtf just happened? And why is my post right after Tenny's attributed to float now?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Also, Barnett chases down screens and sweeps. The amount of times he's 10 to 15 yards downfield jumping on the pile is unbelievable. He never stops plus when he gets there, he's there to hurt people.

I like Sutton a lot too, because he's a legit lockdown CB and he's not scared at all to tackle.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And JRM in third.

I also love that Barnett doesn't give a damn about being younger than everybody else. He'll kick their asses anyways. That kind of confidence (and the ability to back it up) is nice

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This too

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Joshua Dobbs

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Devrin Young because he tried really hard you guys

13. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Jacob Gilliam - guts - true example of VFL

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hurd also plays with a nasty streak, even to his own detriment at times, but I like that he wants people to know a long day is in the works.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like that he's not scared of contact, but seeking it out isn't always the right play.

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i am flat out giddy about the meaness shown by barnett and hurd. absolutely LOVE it and am glad to see that kind of tenacity at tennessee again.

that being said, i have a soft spot for vic wharton for being so instrumental in selling ut so hard to so many of these other kids. i was very pleased with his td at the gator bowl. well deserved.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Jalen Reeves Maybin needs some mention here.

18. Tenacious D

I like JHurd, too. Particularly, his don't-give-a-shit-attitude (such as when he was waving the GA DB to "come on!" in Athens this season). But I wince every time he lowers that shoulder.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This is a good choice. I very much appreciate his desire to stay on the field.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Peterman fever baby