FBI Admits Active Hillary Investigation

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 9, 2016.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Instructing the removal of markings is a separate issue from the server, but as I recall, your last sentence is true.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Her having a server isn't illegal but using that for official government business is and then deleting and cleaning the server of records after being subpoenaed is definitely illegal.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Coverup is always what gets you, too.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you sure about that?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know I've never sent a work email from my private email at my old jobs because it's was firable offense. and i'm hardly the secretary of state.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are things labeled as "Classified" susceptible to FOIA requests?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don't know how many of these were actually emails she wrote that contained something classified. All of the instances I have heard is that the information was in reply chains. I'm sure there will be instances where she said something that would be considered classified in retrospect, though.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No

9. TennTradition

I was not aware of removing markings or placing known sensitive data on the server. I agree if those play out to be true that it is a different issue.

The primary issue of emails is different than placing known sensitive information in the server.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

right, but it's still dumb to be sending emails to coworkers on your personal email. I thought she didn't even use her govt email?

11. TennTradition

Completely agree that the actions are fireable if you want to act on it.

Felonious is another matter.

If what low country was saying about removing labels or purposefully pushing sensitive information on a non-secure system, then we're getting into illegal territory.

But also note that mishandling sensitive information would apply just as much to those who sent the information that is now viewed as classified on their non-secure government systems. It's still mid-handling.

12. TennTradition

I think that's true.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I can just see Bill Clinton now, coming to see Hillary in jail. All those "conjugal visits" he'd have to make. Just to help out the female population of course.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When you reply to an email with classified information, you are placing that information on the server. As Secretary, she should have been able to recognize sensitive information or at least potentially sensitive based on its content. Any argument against this is disingenuous in my opinion. At best she is guilty of very poor judgment.

15. TennTradition

I'm not saying that she couldn't have or shouldn't have known. I am saying that the issues have to be appropriately weighed. I'm a pretty big security nut. I am as anti-Snowden as they come.

My pushback here is just separating the illegal from the poor judgement. If she typed classified information into any computer - at her home or not - that wasn't on a classified network then she can answer to that. That doesn't necessarily mean she should serve time over it. We'll see. The folks who typed the original messages that were in the email chain should be called to task equally.

16. TennTradition

On your first sentence, you mean Kahn was placing her words on the server, right? Because the email chain was already there if she was replaying to it and also already on other non-classified networks.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The problem is that her supporters know (and have long known) all of this and they don't care. There's no crime whatsoever she could blatantly commit that would sway her core supporters.

OTOH, she could be the first President to grant HERSELF a pardon....

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

her supporters truly believe it's sexism and partisanism and she hasn't never really done anything wrong.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're like women's college basketball fans

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

This isn't a unique phenomenon to Hillary supporters.

I said it a year ago: if there are criminal concerns, then they need to charge her. Drawing it out is doing more harm.