Federal Government tries to block Alabama Immigration Law

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Oct 10, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you show me some example or source forthis?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, I'm saying they don't have the ability to do many of the sorts of jobs you come across. I wasn't trying to belittle what they ARE able to do.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am asking for an example of an illegal alien getting living benefits from the federal government.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not on paper. My mother worked for TennCare and Medicad for the better part of her 35 years with the state. They are in the system. Heck if you can get on Tenncare and live in KY why would it be that hard?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't believe that it happens on a large scale.

6. Beechervol

From what I have heard on the state level its larger than you would think. I wouldn't know about the federal level.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like something that could be easily regulated if certain folks were doing their job.

8. Beechervol

You would think. Sounds similar to everybody knowing that crossing the border is illegal without docs, but it still goes on and everybody knows it does.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is very different. Someone can pass over a border all by themselves. Someone can not be receiving medical coverage or whatever without multiple layers of bureucracy interacting with their records and file.

10. Beechervol

Both require blind eyes and both currently have them. The DMV was passing out DLs like they were candy for several years. From what i have heard that took the place of the normal docs you and i would need. Sounds nuts but.....

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does crossing somewhere out thousands of miles of wilderness border REQUIRE a blind eye?

12. Beechervol

Considering we have a law against it and a federal government that won't enforce it, I think you could define that as blind eye.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't. Have you been to our borders? We would need to redeploy all those Afghani and Iraq troops, along with all those South Korean, Japan, Germany, etc. troops to lock those things down.

14. Beechervol

Yep. I have crossed it by vehicle on 2 different occasions.

Kinda got off track a little, but the point remains the federal government does next to nothing in enforcing the border, and as I have pointed out at least the state government of TN does not have a closed border in regards to social benefits to the same people.

Do you honestly believe the federal government is doing its job in regards to the border? Not whether its right or wrong in your opinion, but by law.

15. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Yep! Didn't even require them to show Social Security or anything

What was funny was that they had this statement written on the license in red:

For Driving purposes only Not valid for Identification

Then had a big picture of them below that.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe a serious effort is being made, and for them to actually close down the border to the extent you are calling for would require a radical shift in how our government is structured. It would also require anyone hiring illegal immigrants to face years of jail time.

17. Beechervol

What extent? I only said the federal government has turned a blind eye to the law on the books, which is fact. The comparison was that some state governments are do the same thing in regards to social benefits. Both are true.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  18. Beechervol

As to the serious effort the federal government is putting toward the border, its about as serious as Obama is toward balancing the budget and getting out of the red.

19. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the illegals plop out a baby and immediately start collecting welfare and food stamps. this is a rather huge problem in california. the other thing they do is declare all their neighbor's kids as dependents. welfare fraud is rampant here.