Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hey VB, want to play a few co-op seasons games tonight?

2. VB

VB Member

Maybe. What time will you be on?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think my brother and I are going to play the last mission of Halo three here in a little bit, but after that I should be free to play pretty much whenever. Just let me know.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

15 is so much different than FIFA 14

5. VB

VB Member

Ok. I'll let you know

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good or bad?

And what system are you on?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Different. I played a lot of 14 and I'm still adjusting after a few games of 15. It seems like a better game. On Xbox 1

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

let me know if you ever want to play

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I usually just play career mode for kicks.

I change what I said earlier. This game is fun, and seems much better than FIFA 14.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Moved up to division 2 in online seasons tonight. Only needed one more point to win the title.

The higher I get, the less Real Madrid I see. It's kind of nice.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What team are you using?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I use Bayern. 4-5-1 with 2 CDMs, LM & RM, CAM, and striker.

I play Robben at striker to keep teams from playing their back line super high and aggressive. Lewandowski at CAM because he's a decent long shot threat. Muller at RM for the same reason. The team plays well. Robben is a threat to score any time he touches the ball on the counter attack, especially against teams that let their back four drift forward.

Who do you use?

13. VB

VB Member

Pretty cheesy right there. Robben has absolutely never played a striker position by himself. And Lewi is by no means a CAM

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Would you prefer I play with Madrid and drop perfect lobbed through balls directly on Ronaldo's toe all game regardless of who sends the pass? I'd rather move some positions around and be called cheesy than exploit the hell out of the stupid aspects of the game like 90% of people I play against.

And people move positions all the time. Ronaldo has played some striker this year, Alexis Sanchez plays all over the place, Muller plays RM but has played in the middle some too, Lahm has been playing defensive mid a lot despite his natural position being right back. Why is it a big deal if I play two people out of their normal positions to keeps defenses honest?

And honestly, Lewa is a beast at CAM. I took Gotze out for him because he passes just fine and scores much better.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Is that the soccer equivalent of putting a FS at DE?

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In ultimate team, you can switch Lewa's position to CAM with a position change. Can't put Robben at striker without taking a slight chemistry hit, but people do it with guys like Marco Reus all the time.

17. VB

VB Member

You are using UT as a justification for not cheesing. Not your best argument there.

You are using examples of players who play multiple positions. Like Ronaldo, Muller and Lahm. Robben and Lewi basically have one single posotion and have always played those positions.

And how is putting Robben at striker also not exploiting the game but just using his speed?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm just saying the game gives you the option to change players' positions from striker to cam. You can't change like, a CB to a winger, but some positions are similar enough that you can change them.

Are you saying Robben couldn't play striker if they put him there? Clearly Lewa is a much better option there for Bayern, but he plays very clunky in game and isn't as physical as someone like Costa, who can stay on the ball. That's one of the main reasons I like him at CAM, where he has more space to work with.

It certainly gives me the option to exploit with his speed, but I don't choose to use it enough for it to be exploiting. Like I said, he's up there for guys who want to move their back line up to midfield and defend the counter from there. In that case, yeah, I'm making the first guy miss and running past the second. Don't play like a **** and I won't make you look like an idiot.

I certainly deal with the downsides of him as a striker, such as his lack of physicality and 2* weak foot, but it's worth it, IMO. How is that cheesy?

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll admit that I'm still clueless (learning) strategy in soccer. So, I just run around like a moron when I play this. Seems to work out well most games

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's what I do.