Final Weeks of the 2016 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by NEW COACH, Jan 18, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'll take it

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Seems like some things have changed, but that was the consensus when they hired him a month ago. Getting Shook helped out cause a lot.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The Shoop hire definitely helped.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's what I am hoping. I know we are in great shape with Dickerson and Brown.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one can top the accomplishments of Tmac.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Dude does more before 9 AM...

And, at 13 ran SHAPE HQ.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Supposedly Brown's mama scheduled his visits for him and put TN the last weekend before NSD.

Mama is all VOL IMO

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I could be sold on Brown/Dickerson/Warrior rounding out this class. Throw in Callaway and Woods, too.

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Butch is telling the Zack Moss kid from Florida that we're taking two running backs. I'm not sure how many we can take, but we're at 16 people right now. I don't see us taking more than 6 more. 6 might be pushing it too.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Taking 2 running backs might be wise, as I think Hurd needs to go professional after next season. He's the real deal, not worth risking injury. If he needs to finish up his degree in the offseason, no biggie.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

22 is the number Tennessee can sign, I think

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

22-23

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds like we are in really good shape with the blocking WR Callaway.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yep sounds like Callaway will be a Vol.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I watched film last night and of the final receivers on the board, I would rate Callaway, Mykel Jones, and Velus Jones in that order.

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Baylee Buchanan visited Ohio State and now is thought to be reconsidering things a little bit. If we lose him, it makes me wonder if we will actually land Warrior.

18. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I feel very, very nervous about the quality of this class relative to the last couple years.

Admittedly, I don't follow recruiting that closely, but last year, couldn't help but notice the buzz surrounding the likes of Tuttle and MacKenzie. ..

Who are the Tuttle and MacKenzie equivalents for this class other than Guantonimo? I have no clue.. nobody seems to be standing out, and sure as shit isn't 5 or 6 guys standing out.. I think?.. and the names that are there sure as shit don't sound solid.

I guess I'm saying I don't really know and follow recruiting, but based on what little I do see out there, wouldn't surprise me if the class ends up outside top 20.

Anyway, something smells rotten to me in the state of denmark.

Except Guarantontinomo.. Im excited about that kid.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This was always going to be a down year for recruiting. 2017 is setting up for a nice recruiting class though. We're in on a lot of top guys and have a legitimate shot at the top class.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

A smaller class, sure.

Need a strong finish.