Finebaum on Gruden to TN

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 28, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Guess I should rephrase it. He did say Gruden never wanted to come here but did say that we were in heavy talks with him, but tried to place the blame on him for not making it happen. Basically made it sound like he kept asking for more and more and never really had intentions of taking the job.

2. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Then the co-host piped in and said what makes people think he would even be a good coach here. LOL.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not 100% convinced he'd kill it. I'd love to give it a try though.

4. BigOrangeBeech

Beano will make some really good points and then come back with something like that...

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He'd never do that to his neighbors in Sevier Co, anyway.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have blown through some of these recent schedules like a hurricane.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He'd murder the SEC East, at the very least.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have to admit, it was pretty good.

Wait, do you know something, ben?

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

the thing about gruden is that.... he's gruden.... and he would get the kind of treatment that alabama fans gave saban when he first arrived on scene...

when bama lost to ..uh... who was it... LaTech? or LaLafayette?.... did those people freak the **** out? Hell no... because they knew they had Saban and it would eventually turn out ok. Because, y'know... it's Nick ****ing Saban.

Now.. you plug Butch Jones into that same scenario and Bama fans would have been freaking the **** out at losing to a D2 school like that.... because it would be Butch ****ing Jones and not Nick ****ing Saban.

Well, Gruden? Gruden would be like Saban and get the same treatment. Gruden could lose to Georgia, Florida, Kentucky AND Vandy in years one AND two, and most people would be very comfortable in knowing we had John ****ing Gruden, and it wouldn't take long to get his system and everything put into place.

Because just like Saban, the mere presence of Gruden would make recruits come to the Hill. .... Nick Saban doesn't recruit any harder than sending a kid an offer letter in the mail and following up with maybe a phone call or two. Saban doesn't have to really recruit. Recruits recruit Saban for him to make them an offer.

That's the way it would be with Gruden at the helm.

My 2 cents.

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Exactly!

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The thing about gruden would just be the signaling that we're serious about winning again

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I cannot do this shit again, yet I keep opening threads and reading... **** you all and here's to all the smoke screenies and whatnot that are forthcoming.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Haha

14. BigOrangeBeech

No need to even get close to being excited. Butch is still the coach and will be for next season.

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

It's the anticipation

16. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If he can't get another job, he'll probably lose two or three of the first five games next season, get fired, and we get a head start on 2018. Just my opinion.

17. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

I don't have many sources anymore and most of mine are outside of UT. Butch will be here next year if he wants to be. However, if the AD is hired before Jan1st, that would signal a probable change.

Has nothing to do with Gruden though.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

As much as I'd like it to be Gruden, I'll believe it when I see him at the presser. Otherwise I'm not getting any hopes up this time.

19. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

BoroVol forgot his Username and Password here and also uses a different email address now.

20. BigOrangeBeech

Tell him to start a new account