Finebaum on Gruden to TN

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 28, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He can just register under a new name. Or if you give us the address we can change his profile to have the new address so he can get an email reset.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

What's going on with the AD search?

3. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I re-registered gents. A little birdy told me my name came up.

It looks like the fun is starting all over again...unfortunately I don't have any Grumors this time. Yet.

4. BigOrangeBeech

There he is...
    Any word on the AD seach?

5. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Nope. I'm grasping for straws right now like everybody else. I don't like the direction it seems to be going though. I dont think the lady AD wants Blackburn.

6. BigOrangeBeech

Guess we can kiss any chance of Vol football being great again goodbye.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Forget him, he just called Mccarthy a great coach. No longer want him.

8. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Never underestimate the ability of our Administration to woefully underachieve when given the opportunity.

9. BigOrangeBeech

Was hoping with the new blood some of that would change. Appears that it won't.

10. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we muck up the AD search.

11. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

As I understand it there is still a big struggle at the University over "Tennessee blood" in the leadership. They also swore to never have another coach on campus with as much pull as Fulmer had.

Until there is some Orange blood running the show over there again these problems will continue.

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Our fan base needs to embrace social media. Use Twitter to get the message out and apply pressure to the Chancellor and BOT. I'd like to see #GrudenToTheHill trending on Twitter.

13. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

That's a good idea. How about #GetOutButchandleavethekeystothefancymercedesonthedesk ?

It may be a bit too long.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

The dumbasses running the academic side are too stupid to realize that by embracing your high end success of the football team, that the donation atm would be shitting money faster than it could be printed.

15. BigOrangeBeech

Is it now safe to say that if Blackburn doesn't get the job that we may as well shut it down? I mean who else would be just as good?

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Because they're all commies.

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This paints a bleak picture... So I shouldn't set my Chuckie doll back on the mantle yet?

18. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I'm sure there are those on the list that would do a good job, but Blackburn is ours. He went to school here, has done every job in the AD, he loves this place. I want somebody here that feels about UT the way that I do. Anything less for me will be a disappointment and a mistake. And there is no denying the success he's had at UTC.

19. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I have....a man's gotta have a dream.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

So basically Tennessee is saying they wouldn't hire saban if he told them he wanted the job. Just because the want a ****ed up power ego of having more control than athletics.