Fire Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by juicemane, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I didn't quite go to knowing he'd never win anything at all, but just thinking it was very unlikely. There was still the tiniest bit of hope in the back of my head that he'd realize he could be a successful cheerleader-style head coach (see: Dabo) if he hired good coordinators and got out of the way. Bajakian leaving actually might've got me leaning towards the pro-Butch side of the fence for the first time in his tenure, and then the hire of DeBord crushed all hope.

(this has some similarity to my attitude towards Dooley--I wasn't on the "fire him now" train until Wilcox left. I believed at the time and still do believe that he had the potential to win 10 or 11 games in 2012 if Wilcox is running the defense.)

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Who is angry? You are the living embodiment of what's wrong with this fan base, by trying to defend Butch beyond his opening presser. You've nearly failed as spectacularly as he has.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why is it unbiased if you are 2 years late? Isn’t that the definition of biased?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Butch will do just enough to get another year

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Is he gone yet?

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Nope. Apparently it's gonna take a little Gamecock magic to make it happen, and even then my gut now is that he finishes the season no matter what.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm thinking after the Bama whipping.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No way he finishes the season.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Heard it best on sports talk he other day. It's cruel to force him to do the Vol Walk against SC. It's going to be worse than Cersei's walk of atonement.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

**** him, he's doing it for 9 million dollars

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

[video=youtube;uZ7vkmUNTPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7vkmUNTPA[/url][/video]

Shame

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he's just a ghost already. I know nothing, but I think he is practically an interim at this moment

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they're hoping he punches Adams or Hyams so they get out of 9 million.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They should offer a million bucks to the reporter who can draw a punch from Butch.

15. NorrisAlan

Or at least cause him to have a nervous breakdown and just up and quit at the podium.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Just watch his face get more and more red as the "fake news" questions pour in.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

18. NorrisAlan

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Meanwhile, Justin Fields just committed to UGA. They better get this ball rolling on Gruden or Kelly. And soon.

20. NorrisAlan

Yep. Or we will be the the perennial 5th place team.