Fire Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by juicemane, Sep 17, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Precisely

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"Hey, Chip, Bob, Jon and Gary, we've got NFL talent here"

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Talked to a guy that works the UT games. They have been told the attendance will be very high this Saturday.

4. BigOrangeBeech

I dont believe it

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No one is sure as hell going to this game stone cold sober.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

What do they base that on, I wonder? Gut feeling? They going to pay people to sit in the seats? Did they give away 200,000 tickets and hope about half show up?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I don't know. He seemed to believe it, and he's been off the Butch train for years.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He said something about some groups had bought large quantities of tickets.

10. NorrisAlan

aka shell companies of UT Athletics.

11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You probably should find another circle of friends to surround yourself with.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not necessarily, these are the games the boys and girls clubs of America get free tickets to.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if the upper deck is filled with Big Bro/Big Sis, BGC, and other groups.

14. NorrisAlan

I know. I know that TonyB uses this week to take a lot of kids to the game.

15. BigOrangeBeech

Truth be known, I feel like the people on this site, myself included, who have been off the Butch train just about ever since it started represents a small segment of the fanbase.

16. BigOrangeBeech

If UGA handles us or even if it's close and we see yet another terribly coached game (which I have no doubt), the telling part is going to be how many show up for USCe.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, people look at me as crazy when I talk about butch... until last saturday. Got multiple texts saying "you're right"

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's an older guy I go to church with that's had season tickets since the 60's. We speak, but after the 2015 Oklahoma game, he's rarely brought Butch up because he knows my opinion of him.

He came up to me the other day, while eating lunch out, put his hand on my shoulder and said "I want him gone, too". It kind of sealed the deal that he's lost everyone.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't get how last Saturday was any different than a dozen other big games he's played. Honestly, I felt like the OU thing was 10x worse.

20. NorrisAlan

It was but it was in the honey moon period for most people, still. We had just had a giant win over a shitty Iowa team in a stupid bowl game, the school president was dancing in a damn video, and this was just a minor blip in the train that was taking us back to the top.

Of course, most if not all here immediately dumped whatever hope they had for Butch after that game.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017