Fire Him, or Throw him in the river...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Sep 30, 2017.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

There's probably a lot of truth in this post. But if this is the situation, you gotta fight it or learn to like it. Saban isn't unbeatable, despite lots of evidence to the contrary. You either hire someone who is equal or better and let the games begin or you learn to like becoming a school known for it's Birdwatching team.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sounds irritating. Hope you were able to go on and have a decent day.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Let's be honest though. If the only problem was getting over the Saban hump, we wouldn't be here. This isn't Fulmer vs. Spurrier in the 90s. Lots of room between where we are and being the second best team in the league. Get there and we can begin to get frustrated about not being able to beat Saban. As of now, we might as well be talking about beating the New England Patriots.

5. MWR

MWR Contributor

I've heard the old timers call this bird a "Two Stroker" because of it's unusual wing motion when it flies. They do seem to flap their wings about half as much as other birds.

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

I think the thought was that most really good coaches would avoid the SEC because of Saban. Hence, UT has only second tier or worse coaches to choose from.

7. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

had these nesting on our deck where i grew up. beautiful birds.

if i go to work as an adjunct poli sci guy, could i be an assistant coach?

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You're right; that was the thought. And I agree with you that Tennessee is not a school that should be settling for second when we make our hires.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

"We will call it the STOP gap defense. STOP stands for Scrimmage Two Off Position. Pretty cool, huh? STOP gap defense!"

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Maybe it was Meyers thought that he would go out of conference where he could meet Saban for a NC instead of a SECC but I think any great coach would love to come knock Satan off his perch and take over the SEC. I doubt they are short on ego.

11. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

This is the only reason that to me makes any sense.

However, if true, then what is the explanation for the defenses prior to Shoop and Hoke doing better -- with the same micromanaging dimwit at HC but with less depth and Dooley's players?

12. NorrisAlan

No clue, but it is pretty clear that before someone gets here under Butch they are doing well, get here, suddenly gain an extra chromosome from somewhere, and when they leave, they become good again.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Chip Kelly

14. NorrisAlan

If we hire any of the big names, I will have to go to the doctor every day to fix my four hour erections.

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Wilcox is a HC, Clawson is HC at Wake, Chaney OC at Ga, Debord at Indy, Cut at Duke, Sanders at FSU, Chavis is muddling through at aTm, Jancek is at USF, Bajakian is at TampaBay

Lets see Fulmer is a fund raiser, Kiffin is on what job 10 or something and Doolz washes the jocks over at Dallas. Majors went back to Pitt to drag out his failures and ruin his shot at the CFHOF as a coach.

I have a feeling judging by history that Shoop will do well in the future and Jones will end up on TV or selling cars.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Jancek is a consultant at Kentucky.