Fire Stick

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Jul 29, 2018.

1. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I am seriously considering cord cutting. Does anyone use the Fire Stick with Kodi?
    Do you or should you use a VPN?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Make sure it has Terrarium on it. Way better than Kodi.

I’ve been using mine without a VPN since Christmas. Not sure how safe that really is.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think a lot of streaming services block the well known vpns but my info may be out of date.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If your ISP hasn't sent you anything by now, I'd say you're good.

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I used to use Kodi, it was hit and miss for me. Overall, I thought it was ok. What exactly are you wanting from Kodi, the movies? Free cabletv?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That’s the thing. I’ve heard they send you a friendly warning letter. So I figure I’m at least good until I get that.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Terrarium is 1000x better and way easier to navigate.

8. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Movies, blacked out football games, general tv.

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I will look into Terrarium when the stick arrives. Thanks.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There’s also an app called Mobius that lets you watch channels live. I’m going to experiment with that this football season. If it’s good picture and reliable stream for sporting events, I’m getting rid of cable.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'll definitely check it out. I've heard of Mobius, never messed with it though. May have to now. Thanks

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Like I said, was hit and miss. I would catch some of the events (UT games, MMA fights) but the live streams to these types of things were usually lower quality. The movies I found were better quality. I still use Kodi on occasion, but I've just gone Netflix and HBO Now and when football comes around, I'll go month to month with PS VUE.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It’s cheaper for us to have the basic cable/internet package than just internet. I’ll usually the sports channels for football season since it’s still cheaper than adding sling/Vue type packages.

14. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

IMO, a VPN is cheap insurance, I will not bring up KODI, unless the VPN is successfully connected

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ah, I misunderstood what the fire stick was about. Thought it was a Roku derivative.

16. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Also, plan to have fhe cord cut by week end

17. InVolNerable

Same type of deal. Just different brands

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

My provider is Cox, they're basically my only option so I have to use them if I want internet. I'll pay the extra 5-7 dollars when Vue is added than deal with them for anything else. I [uck fay]ing hate Cox.

justingroves likes this.
  19. InVolNerable

Absolutely. If it isn’t significantly cheaper to just tack on the channels for a couple months, I’d definitely be using one of the streaming services instead.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I tried one once. It was hard to find a connection that wasn’t crazy slow. What service you using?