#FireColbert

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, May 7, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tosh can basically say and do whatever he wants

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Because of safety issues.

3. GahLee

I haven't watched him in awhile. I don't remember if he had a political agenda like Colbert. But yeah, he says some crazy shit.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The people I see who are able to get away with the most are Louis CK and the South Park guys. South Park guys seem to be the gold standard in terms of getting away with anything.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So? It is stil law enforcement shutting down the talk, usually over the objections of those actually involved.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

South Park will roast anyone or anything. Nothing is sacred to them

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The guarantee of the right of free speech is predicated on its free exercise - and has nothing to do with how others react to it, for well or ill, fair or unfair.

You can't be angry that the left gives those with their bent a free pass, or the widest possible latitude (within and beyond reason). I can't imagine how anyone could continue to feign surprise at their unblinking hypocrisy, both in this regard and at this advanced hour. You should be angry that the right has become so fearfully and obsessively fixated on the "unfairness" of being held to a much different and higher standard, or of what the left will think / say / accuse in response, as to forego standing and speaking the truth, as best they know and believe it to be, and who instead choose to sit and be silent, relegating themselves to be the very same sort of complicitly cuckolded cowards which they accuse the left of being.

The right has not lost the right of free speech, but have surrendered it, ostensibly, believing that the fight - admittedly unfair and slanted against them - is too difficult, too inconvenient, too unpopular, too unworthy, or too unnecessary, as to be worth it. And in consistently choosing to say only what sounds good, instead of what is true and sensible, the right has essentially become the left, and everything they claim to despise.

8. Tenacious D

The free exercising of speech is not and cannot be predicated on how anyone reacts to it, or whether they choose to hear it at all.

9. Tenacious D

The most consistently and closely-aligned show to conservatives on television.

Bar none.

10. GahLee

Completely fair, for the most part. I say that because some are trying to speak.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

"Cuck/cuckold" is the new "libtard," apparently.

12. Tenacious D

The Right seems to enjoy it, but it's less accusation and more projection, at this point.