#FireColbert

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, May 7, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Do you have a dad? A brother? An uncle? Call him a **** sucker in front of an audience. Tell me how that goes.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm not surprised at the first two.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I was never funny enough to warrant a live audience.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Probably true. I think the difference is sometimes exaggerated though

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

And it's partially because the outrage over stuff like this is often media-driven, which leans left

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I admit I was wrong. Not the first and won't be the last.

Now back to the point:

Colbert who readily admits that he does not like Trump takes offense that Trump insulted his friend John Dickerson by calling his program "Deface the Nation". In support of his friend Colbert insults Trump by telling him to suck a [penis].

Y'all say that it was not an insult; it was a joke.

Watching you Libtards Suck Cobert's [penis] has been comical (Multiple Jokes for the Libtards) [Opps "Libtards"; I did it again, you guys must be busting a gut]

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you don't think the fcc investigating a bleep at 11:30 is too much, but rather not enough?

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

But the kids man, the kids.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Insults can still be comedy. And still be funny. Just because it is insulting doesn't mean it isn't either.

And if I thought you were really being insulting, "libtards" might be insulting. But since you are using it as a punchline, to make a point, contex says you aren't trying to be insulting.

Thus it is amusing.

Colbert definitely was being insulting. But that doesn't mean it wasn't comedy. It might not have been funny, but still comedy.

And comedy, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought it wasn't bleeped, from the way people have carried on. What are we even talking about, here? Should asterisks on the 8th be investigated by google?

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

College campuses aren't bastions of right wing thought. They are left wing. Of course she'll be met with resistance, most hateful.

She probably would have no trouble giving her talk at the local gun range.

But she doesn't want to do that, she wants to stir the pot, and go where she is generally not welcome. That's the point.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

California was wrong to cancel on her. It isn't surprising that people don't want to give her a platform though.

13. GahLee

I've been with same women for ten years and we have 2 children together.

Guess I can't fault you for picking low hanging fruit, after all it's all you can reach.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dang, didn't know you were Mormon.

15. GahLee

Whether it was bleeped or not, there was no mistaking what is was that he said. Bleeping it out is just a formality.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Too many Ms.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ever called them whores? How did it go?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I may know a guy....

NYY. The guy I know is NYY.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm outraged.

20. GahLee

Couldn't imagine subscribing to that. Is it just a certain sect of Mormons that allow multiple wives or is that just their thing?