First Arrest of the season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Serious (or stupid) question ...
    I thought we were in middle of Spring practice. Why is he in Miami getting trouble and not practicing?

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can maybe help with this one. A friend is a cop. He says that if you pull away from his simply putting a hand on your arm, that’s resisting. If you violently pull it away, ball your fist as if ready to punch, or try to make contact with the officer, that’s “resisting with violence”. Obviously, this is a layman’s re-telling, but you get the idea, and I’m sure that there are many nuances / exceptions to these “rules”.

He also says that you (generally) only get arrested for stupid shit like disturbing the peace if you’re being an asshole, or have failed to heed repeated warnings to shut up, to leave the area, etc. He says that cops don’t like to waste the time to arrest you for shit like that, and incur all of the paperwork associated with it, unless you leave them little choice and/or piss them off.

My take, completely on hearsay.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

not glossing over anything, just waiting for more information

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

chavis, did you just delete a post? I responded to the charges that showed up on the tweet preview in the OP. the third post of the thread implied he should be dismissed. I'm stating that I am not ready to toss him with only the information I have seen so far.

I didn't expect this to be objectionable.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

To be fair, Miami Beach police will arrest anyone at the drop of a hat.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Beach police do not [uck fay] around, especially spring break. Probably looked at the cop in an aggressive manner.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes I did.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Apparently, Miami Beach has picked up all the crazies who used to go to Panama City and it's mayhem now.

kmf600 likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

my bad, I was not intending to omit something for any angling or purpose. he could be charged with any crime and I would want more info than just the charge. but these charges specifically can be applied to a wide range of behavior, some of it fairly minor. police are a higher class of citizen.

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

We're back baby!

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

7D3FCF59-92EF-4405-A534-A722B4E99CC1.jpeg This is literally Miami Beach’s ad campaign aimed at spring breakers.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If you ever find yourself walking in the middle of the street at night in a decent sized town, you’re just daring a cop to beat your ass imo.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Panama City types would never go to Miami

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

They won’t even go to Panama City any more... PCB has changed its tune radically from what it was at the height of the MTV scare of the late 90’s early 2000’s...

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Friends of ours kid is in Ft Lauderdale. 18 kids in 1 house. There are fewer places they can go now.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Panama City is turning into a retirement village

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It has become a lot more laid back through the years. The wife and I have been going nearly every year since getting married.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've seen it on busses, they posted it on the onlyindade page on Instagram when McGregor got arrested.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Most of the people that used go to Panama City couldnt find Miami.

Experience.