Fishing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Aug 17, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Tomorrow night I am going to catch every channel cat north of the bridge on Kentucky Lake or drink all the beer in Marshall Co trying.

2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

My ice fishing motto is "if ya can't catch fish, might as well catch a buzz."

3. cotton

Eh, it won't really be that bad, although there might be an adult beverage or two in the boat. I'm going to try and jug fish and limb line a big creek, which I haven't done in open water before.

4. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I've never tried that, best of luck to ya.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I will surely miss ice fishing.

So I live a mile from Douglas Dam, have 0 interest in buying a boat, and won't be driving out into the hills to trout fish after work.

Someone give me some options!

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Why not do both?

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Drive out into the hills before work?

8. Joseph Brant

That too. The $100 one fly tournament has me interested but I've only got my 5 weight I used with my cousin on Antietam Creek on the way down.

I'm rolling that shit next year with a 3 weight and small streamers.

9. fl0at_

Where are you? If you're south of the Mason I'd think streamers would be a bit much. But definitely not the 5 weight.

10. Joseph Brant

Kodak, haven't fished at all since I moved down

11. fl0at_

I don't know much about the area, but when I think streamers... I think big honking 2 inch wets, used mostly for salmon. But you might just mean a wet fly? I don't know. The nomenclature kinda varies place to place.

But I'd do small dry and wets.

12. Joseph Brant

Back home I throw streamers as small as 16 with WF line, not as cool as floating dries but with lower water it's the best bet for big browns.

Haven't put a line out for trout in Tennessee yet as between work and life I've been too busy, and traffic to the mountains on my days off is obnoxious.

Might just bring a 12 pack and some bait down below the dam and see what happens

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Governor Scott announced that Florida utility workers get a free fishing license until June 2018.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I guess that is better than nothing. how much does a fishing license cost in Florida these days? And is that a mega-bundle license you are getting, saltwater and freshwater?

15. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Saltwater $17.50
    Snook stamp $10.50

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think my sportsman gold is 105? Scott said we can fish salt and freshwater. I think it's cool.

17. cotton

Actually had a pretty good night Wednesday night. Was windy before the cold front which made it hard, but we wound up with 11 (I think) keeper channel cats plus a couple of little channels and yellows. Learned a lot, will do it better again sometime.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Come on. What about the real news? Did you drink half the beer in the state?

19. cotton

It was a bit cool on the water after dark. Less beer than planned.

There was a little brown liquor consumed, just to ward off the chill.

20. cotton

And we only lost 3 jugs!