Five Guys/Other Burger Joints

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tidwell, Aug 29, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone had Smashburger? I eat at one every time I go to Colorado and they just made it to the East Coast. Pretty solid, and you don't have to use the bathroom with the same gusto as Five Guys. Fries are better too, imo.

2. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

It is my all time favorite. Love the burgers and the fries. Yum.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i had it for lunch today. it went right thru me

4. kev2012

kev2012 New Member

head and shoulders above 5 guys. I like that we have one here in town. What part of CO do you visit?

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mooyah, across the street and East a bit from the West Town Mall, is very similar and also pretty good. They have a little ticket that you fill out, checking all your toppings and whatnot. Takes a lot of the error factor out of relaying your order to a teenager that obviously doesn't give a [uck fay].

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Title altered to accurately reflect the direction of thread. Continue.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

For some reason I landed on the Travel Channel a few weeks ago and they had a show on called Burger Paradise. Ted's figured prominently. Stuff looked good.

8. kev2012

kev2012 New Member

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I've heard good things about BGR.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I go to Boulder a few times a year and there's a Smashburger off 36th Street I hit up. Another good place is Larkburger, off Arapahoe. Other than the food, not a huge fan of Boulder though.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Since the thread has moved a different direction, might I recommend some local burger joints if you ever come across them:

Snow White on 17th and Chestnut in downtown Philadelphia
    Stewart's Drive-in (locations throughout New Jersey)
    Dukes Grill in Monroe, NC
    The Liberty Gastropub in Charlotte, NC
    Rush's in Columbia, SC
    The Clock (Boiling Springs, SC location only)
    and the always perfect, imitated but never duplicated, Pal's Sudden Service (locations throughout the Tri Cities)

12. kev2012

kev2012 New Member

A Larkburger just opened a few months ago up here in Fort Collins. Haven't been yet.
    28th is where Smashburger is in Boulder. Been there once. Technically, I work in Boulder, but luckily it is far enough outside of the city limits that I don't have to deal with the People's Republic very often.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You're right. 28th street mall area. My wife's folks live on the outskirts of Boulder so they are lucky enough to avoid the Pearl Street crowd as well.

14. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

make sure you bring a defibrillator with you...just sayin', it might give you a heart attack

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Went and wandered around the Smoky Mountains today and found the Five Guys in Pigeon Forge. Was not bad. Bathroom accounts accurate.

16. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Haven't been there in a while. They have cajun fries now? The portions on the fries are huge. I always split an order with someone.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i went for lunch today and i become less impressed every time i go. not worth the price. i could get the same thing at Wendy's and save about 5 bones.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

all Wendy's have terrible staffs. you have to go inside and you have to specifically make your requests understood. and it's the only way you get hot fries too.

the one by work we call the work release Wendy's and the one by my house we call the special education Wendy's. i actually called the corporate office on it.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

What on earth did Wendy's do to their fries while I was deployed? They used to be the best around, now they're nasty.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I pretty much put Dave Thomas's kids through college.