Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

There will be...unless there aren't.

- LWS

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There’s more seats than in the north end zone and the sound converges. You get the volume of all the people behind you on all sides. Students are closer than the north as well.

Lower deck is definitely louder than the upper all over the stadium. Sometimes hard to hear the POTS clearly in the upper

Indy likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

@bostonvol - at what row are you “too high” in a section like T? Is there such a thing?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A few final thoughts because tomorrow is going to be crazy.

We're the better team. Barring disastrous injuries, there is no reason we should lose. This feels a whole, whole lot like Bama 95. We knew we were better, we just had the mental factor going. That's what we've got to overcome. And I think these guys will.

We've got a confident, low key arrogant coach. It oozes over to his players and they play with swagger. We're getting a program defining win tomorrow.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At this point if we lose it will give me Florida 2014 vibes

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I personally don’t like being under the overhang unless it’s precipitating . Just doesn’t feel the same. Not sure what row that starts on. You can Google it I think. Otherwise I don’t think you can be too high.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If you go you don’t have to watch the commercial packed abomination that CBS puts on

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like the fact that Heupel isn’t “from the family” so to speak. He doesn’t feel the weight of this deal like an SEC born and raised guy

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I agree with @A-Smith, if you’re too far under the overhang, it’s not a great experience. You can’t see the Jumbotron and such. My row, 45, is right at the edge of the overhang. A few rows back and you’re still ok, once you start getting into the 50s if where it becomes an issue.

SetVol13, IP and justingroves like this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They do have TVs under the overhang now. From this decade. That actually work.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah it’s still not the same tho

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

My wife is telling people she is afraid I am too excited for tomorrow and am going to get super depressed if it doesn't go well. I am calling this second-hand battered vol syndrome.

TDVol1989, VolDad, Tar Volon and 3 others like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Have to be lower level and not under the overhang. Under the overhang or in the upper deck loses some of the atmosphere to me. Corner of the endzones are my favorite sections, 30-40 rows up.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Florida games are just a tick below Arkansas games as far as stress level for me. This one…I already drank a lot and it’s UF Eve. I have warned my family.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is amazing

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They still either roll Bru onto that side of the field with Hyatt or Keyton will take Tillmans spot. I'm thinking the latter.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They say Keyton is best run blocker on team.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Amazing how different this feels than when we lost our best WR against Florida in 2011. Tillman is amazing, but we’ve got some dudes on this team that can get it done.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

First time in a looong time tuning in to Gameday at it's start. Seeing that crowd in front of Ayres Hall is awesome!