Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I have to think that’s hell on earth, and maybe even before you factor in the whole Florida fans thing

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

My dad hip is killing him so we either want to try to park as close as we can or park off site and take shuttle to stadium. What's the best option for parking?

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

The Facebook VFL is golden right now. So many people are preemptively getting upset about cussing during the Florida game.

The best I’ve seen is a guy saying you say a 4 letter word in front of his wife or kid he will warn you once, 2nd time he will assault you.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I took my 89 yr old Dad (RIP) to a game pre-covid. We parked at a garage close to [Market Square] bars/restaurants (forget which one), but it was cheap. We rode the Trolley. They drop off where the Ag Campus busses drop off.
    Round trip was $7, think it might be $10? Not sure.

You have to line up to and wait, but it was easy on him.

https://www.katbus.com/256/Football-Service-Options

Edit: Link has good info re: garages. We took this one.
    Route 51E: Market Square / Krutch Park

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Groups I quit because I couldn't handle the stupidity.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I've made an effort to curtail my language over the last many years. That said, if I'm in the stadium I'm good with it as long as it's creative and directed at the opposition. Complete vocal hedonism with no regard to everyone around you tends to ruin everyone's experience imo.

justingroves likes this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

What if it was “[uck fay] Butch Jones” after the Oklahoma collapse? I got a lot of dirty looks for sure.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would have shook your hand

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, it may have warranted a kiss on the mouth.

IP likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

Closest I've ever come to fighting at a game. Actually, a guy had to pull me back.

I was that angry.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a child.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wasn't there, but I can't imagine having some "gosh, they tried hard, I'm proud" dipshit in arm's reach in that environment. If you didn't want jones sent down the river that night then you were part of the problem and it would be hard not to try and solve it.

14. CardinalVol

Ironically, today's Facebook memory -

[​IMG]

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

05 UGA, I punched a Tennessee fan for calling Jason Allen a [ussy pay] when he broke his leg/hip

16. KyleAlexanderfan

I was yelling in anger as we went into half time after the FG. There was a players parent (don’t recall who anymore) walking up from their section to the concessions and he was yelling “damn right that was a terrible call”. He was mad as hell.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Omg, that TE was huge too. Ridiculous.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Yeah he was from Americus GA. I think his name was Pope.

IP likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was there, the place was lit, and I definitely questioned kicking the shortest field goal in football history, and at the end of that I was mad as a hornet and I knew the only hope was amassing enough talent to overcome the head coach, which has happened before, but alas, wasn’t our fate

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Most of us thought that was still in play until the night of October 29th 2016 in Columbia SC.

Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.