Florida vs LSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 9, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess the girls on UF's volleyball team are made of sterner stuff.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They hosted recruits. What a joke. Just count it as an L when deciding standings, or just use divisional record.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Require a minimum number of league games to have been played to be eligible for the SECC, as 10AC said, and be done with it.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It doesn't bug me as much that UF didn't want to play the game this week, in order to allocate as much of the state's resources to recovery efforts as possible. I know that's not the reason, but still.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That makes sense, but it won't be changed ex post facto.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The commissioner can make the arrangements for the game to be played by postponing the championship one week or working out helping to buy out the OOC games. Either way, you magnanimously make a reasonable arrangement and let the two schools know that not showing up is forfeiting.

Then, in the offseason, make the need for 8 SEC games absolutely explicit.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

If UF doesn't play this game, then they should be mocked mercilessly until the planet ends.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Postponing to November would be advantageous for Florida...they should have Del Rio back and healthy at QB, no?

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They're still not physical on offense and their defense is overrated. LSU is still dangerous enough with Guice and their defense that they'd have trouble with LSU even with Del Rio.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's not like del Rio is some stud either

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, his hype is based on a game against Kentucky. Josh Dobbs has looked like a Heisman winner everytime he's gone up against them.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And South Flordia. And probably everyone else.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Number seems low. Pretty sure all of Florida's players have the pink area.

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

For everybody that thinks it's a sure thing this game gets played. Here is this quote....

LSU AD Joe Alleva: "I think it’s going to be very difficult to reschedule this (UF) game. We are not going to give up a home game"

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

More from LSU AD....

#LSU AD Joe Alleva: "We have an open date before the #Alabama game. I'm not in favor of playing that day unless Alabama plays that day."
    10 retweets 8 likes

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The league should schedule the game for 11/19 in Baton Rouge and tell UF to shut up and stroke a check to their home game opponent.

That game should have been played no later than yesterday and UF is the reason it wasn't. The SEC should act accordingly.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Move the SEC championship back a week. That's my suggestion.

18. Beechervol

IIRC they were gonna miss 2 or 3 of their starting DL this week as well.

19. Beechervol

I wouldn't set that precedent when there are options. Its obvious UF didn't want to play the game this weekend and really don't care if it does get played at this point. The SEC screwed up by letting UF control the entire situation as late as Thu last week. They should have stepped in early and said this game will be played before Mon unless Gainesville is not in existence anymore.

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Great leadership skills shown by Skannnnnky.....What a pu------- this clown is.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016