Florida vs LSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

LF is on cruise control at this point. Unless Guice gets hurt its not as big as it would have been last year.

UF had 2-3 of their starters at DL most likely out and Del Rio was sitting until Mizzou. The postponement works out much better for UF than LSU.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Given Sankey screwed it up on the front end by allowing UF to basically shoot down every option without coming up with a solution. The game should be played 11/19 in BR and UF should eat their home game.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Honestly the division record should be the only thing that matters in who goes to Atlanta, with conference record as a tie breaker.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Especially when the west teams rotate in and out of your schedule, and not everyone plays the same teams in the other conference.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I thought of that the other day, so I'll go ahead and take full credit for that proposal.

However I could see some contention around Team A losing their only game of the year on the road to Team B with two losses out of division and an extra loss or two OOC.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Gotta have some cut off point. There will always be 'coulda-shoulda's" involved.

Just have to make it as fair as possible. This scenario has never come up before, so it is something that probably was never planned for nor foreseen.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

There will always be some imbalance in the schedule, but i don't like going to division records only. I don't think a 6-2 Florida should have gone over 7-1 Georgia in 2002, even though Florida swept the east that year.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think Florida would fit well in the ACC with the rest of those pansies.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Reports coming out that a deal has been reached to play the game in Baton Rouge on November 19.

LSU has apparently agreed to play in Gainesville in both '17 and '18 as part of the deal.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Presbyterian's AD was the first to say it, they were bought out and are now trying to schedule a game with South Alabama

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Have a nice day, Jeremy Foley.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alleva says go **** yourself, Florida

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know there was a major threat made to make this deal happen. Florida was told to work it out or forfeit.