Florida Week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by chavisut, Sep 10, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Would love it. Preferably after a couple kneel downs, but either way.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or the 6th TD pass of the game

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

it sounds so nice to hear, but he hasn't played on the road yet really. Memphis and Nashville don't count as far as I'm concerned. Love his confidence though. It's the not the arrogance we saw last year, it seems like legit confidence that he knows the system so much better and knows what this team is capable of.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's confidence in his right arm and the two WRs he'll be throwing to.

Bray is a cocky ass hole on the field and I love it. No more dumb blank stare ala Crompton, no more curling up in the fetal position ala Ainge.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Volfanjo first pointed it out to me, but watching Bray, there's a lot of Casey Clausen mannerisms this year. I really think the throat slashing and all that might be past him, but he looks so cool and collected. Maybe its' just a California thing, but I'm a fan of it. Hope he has that confidence and collectiveness (probably just made that word up, but you know what I mean by it) all day Saturday. If he can keep from getting rattled, it could be a long day for Florida's defense. I just fear it will be a long day for our D regardless.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Exactly.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, nothing (so far) really rattles him. Look at USCe. First throw was a terrible pass directly to the DE. He then proceeds to throw Tennessee back into it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Feels good to be around guys who actually appreciate Casey Clausen and don't blame him for the decline of Tennessee Football. It had nothing to do with him. Hell, he may have staved it off a little.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Casey on the field was a badass. You're right, he singlehandedly saved the 2003 season imo.

Off the field, he was a [penis] and some people tend to let that overrule what he did on the field. Others just blame him because he was from California.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, he was a huge [Penis] off the field, at least in my one run-in. Also heard plenty of stories, and knew a girl who supposedly got crabs from him. But all that is irrelevant to what he did on the field.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also heard lots of rumors of him being bisexual, but that could have originated with jealous midfielder-like fratboys.

12. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

i've heard worse first hand stories about Manning....good thing I only care about what they do on the field

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Story time!

The only story I heard about Manning was that his knee injury his senior year had as much to do with injuring it while carrying a keg of beer up some stairs as the SEC championship game.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Casey was very good. You won't find too many qb's with two wins at Florida, two wins at Bama, and wins at Notre Dame and Miami. And would've won in Athens in 2002 if he had played.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of that dumb shit went on about the Britton and Dustin Colquitt when I was there.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I never really bought that stuff because of the girls I knew, it was common knowledge all those guys were interested in poon. From the gay folks I knew, they hadn't heard anything about it and they were sure they would have. There wasn't a huge gay community at UTk and word would have gotten around beyond the Greeks if it were true, and that is the only place I ever heard it.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Let's really put Casey Clausen in perspective: He lost one road game... ever. And in that loss at Auburn he directed a ferocious comeback that almost beat the Tigers. He was amazing. Remember A.J. Suggs and Joey Matthews? Of course you don't, because Clausen was a complete and total stud.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

well we don't want to remember AJ Suggs and Joey Matthews, but I'm afraid most of us do.

20. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member