Football Things You've Never Seen Before

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 1, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Every time a fluke play bounces against UT I flabbergastedly say "Well, now I've seen it all," only to find out a game or two later, that no, I have not seen it all. After a 31 yard TD fumble recovery scamper by the man who gave up the strip that caused the fumble, it's time to just use our imaginations and be creative. What can you come up with?

I'm going with the one point safety on a blocked extra point where we recover, gain possession, get stripped, ball gets kicked around and we land on it in the endzone.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This one has probably happened, but I don't believe I've seen it, and it seems like exactly the sort of thing that would happen to us:

Opponent goes for it on 4th down, we get an interception/fumble recovery, but we fumble the return and the opponent falls on it, giving them a first down.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

A championship.

5. cotton

vols4sure and utvol0427 like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have seen it, but it wasn't Tennessee.

7. cotton

Sorry, expanded beyond UT universe

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I can't think of ever seeing a point after like the one this weekend. The kicker takes a step back then all leg barely kicks it through

9. CardinalVol

At some point, I expect anything listed here to happen to us, BTW. I'm just getting ready for whatever happens next.

10. CardinalVol

It's only because it was Arkansas playing them first that this did not happen to us.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

4th and 25 in OT Ole Miss and Arkansas

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Believe it happened to Kentucky when they played Clemson in the peach bowl a long time ago. Marty Moore picked off a pass that would have sealed the game, but he was stripped of the ball, Clemson recovered, and went on to score the game winning touchdown.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Have I told you about the time in 2010 we won two football games and then proceeded to lose those very same two football games? lulz.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I've definitely seen it happen before in normal situations, but I don't think I've seen it on either a game-sealing play (like you described) or on a 4th down (where all you really needed was to knock it down)

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I saw a hs game cancelled when the sub and player coming out were running as fast as they could with heads down and ran into each other. Made a noise I havent heard since.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A team finish with only 1 point.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It would be something like: blocked extra point, almost run back for a 2 point conversion for defense, then fumbled close to end zone, original offense recovers but retreats and tackled for safety. There would have to be some boneheadedness involved. I am not abandoning hope though. Dooley may get another gig.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Came here to post this. I was at both games, and after the LSU game I said, Well, at least I’ll never have to see that again

utvol0427, lylsmorr and volfanjo like this.
  20. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I remember telling all of the drunk Tennessee fans in Nashville that we were gonna lose. Guy next to me, "But how are we going to lose a game that's already over?". I said, "Gee, buddy, we found a way to do it just two months ago." I never hated to be right so bad in my life.

volfanjo likes this.