For Those of You Who Read Preview Magazines

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The folks at Rocky Top Talk consistently put together the best Tennessee-specific one out there. And the 2012 version is now available to order. It's pretty cool. And I don't just say that because I have an article in it this year. It's about 120 pages and almost no ads (I think we have inside cover ads and that's it)

I know TOOS would flip out about me posting this, but I didn't see anything in the posting guidelines that prohibited it here. Apologies if I missed something. But seriously check it out.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Writer32 imo

3. Scorched Colon

Scorched Colon New Member

$19.95 IMO....goodness

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If it's a rec league girls softball or frisbee golf article, you're on to something.

5. Tar Volon

Yeah, I know. It's self-published this year, because the folks who published the last couple years went under. They got in trouble by ordering too many to begin with, and in order to avoid the same mistake, we just went with a print-on-demand company. But print-on-demand is expensive. We literally make as much on the $7.99 ebook as we do on the $19.99 print-on-demand. I'd certainly get the ebook and ignore the print copy. But I'm cheap.

Also, no rec softball articles, unless we slipped one by late in the editing process and I didn't notice.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Rocky Top Talk? Is that the Scout bunch that hosts Hoopsville? Love that place. One of their members was thoroughly convinced I was the guy who turned the Craft picture over to the 'AA.

7. Tar Volon

Nah, it's the SBNation Vols blog. The editor used to run View From Rocky Top and kinda merged with several other blogs, so that we ended up with a bunch of writers from a bunch of places. Brad Shepard from 3SIB is the only one I'd read previously, but there are a lot of good people. There's no affiliation with Scout or anything.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Don't think so Hat. I think you are thinking of Rocky Top News, Randy Moore's publication.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tar, you are welcome to post what you wish here so long as it isn't overtly racist or smut.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What if it's just subtly smutty? Like, "I just bought a dog, thanks to NYY's suggestion, and just so happened to have also stocked up on peanut butter."

11. hatvol96

You are correct.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Can't believe you failed to mention the Dooley 2012 car decal. Talk about burying the lede.

13. Tar Volon

Right. First 50 orders get free kindling for their torches. Pitchforks not included.

(seriously, the site has a running bit comparing Dooley's 2012 season with the campaigning for the elections coming up, so one of the readers made a campaign logo. It's "2012" with orange pants instead of the "1". It actually looks pretty sharp. Shame they'll all be tossed away in September.)

14. hatvol96

Do you guys do a basketball version?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Encouraged.

16. Tar Volon

We haven't in the past. I'd have to ask Joel why not, but I suspect there's not enough demand, especially with the hoops preseason being right in the middle of football season.