Forbes: Is "RussiaGate" Really "HillaryGate"?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 21, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Look. I didn't want to do it. It's site rules. You invoked the name of one's opposition to defend another. It's the ultimate sin.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think it's more a product of loyalty to party over loyalty to country than any specific political leanings. Trump is taking it on the chin because he doesn't understand how to play the game he's gotten into. I'll make no apologies for him, and any others that would take this route deserve the same treatment.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Let them live in the house long enough, and they'll be indistinguishable.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'll keep that in mind the next time a comparison is drawn between a winning football team, and Tennessee.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You must have missed the 500 "but, but, but Hillary" posts I was lampooning. It was a joke.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yep.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you're right. Some of the treatment by the media and culture is self-inflicted because of how he responds and carries himself.

As to the first part: what does loyalty to country even look like in the current time, in your opinion? What I think it looks like would sound partisan to many in this moment.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got what you were saying, for the record.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In the sense of what I wrote, I simply meant to avoid outside entanglements in our election process, specifically in regard to foreign governments or their agents. To expand on that almost necessarily winds up going a partisan route even as to how to define "outside". The simple answer is that focus is on what's good for the country, specifically it's people. It's what that exactly means is where the divide begins. I believe it's more of an ideological divide than a partisan divide, but that's just me being jaded against the big two.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It looks like this coming week the narrative will be that it is the democrat's fault that the russians influenced the election. 1984. We're living it.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well it pretty much is the democrats' fault. That damning information didn't create itself.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It's pretty brazen to back into voter logs and changing affiliations or addresses to make it harder for folks to vote. The Russian influence goes well beyond a dossier on Trump or negative info on Hillary peddled to Trump.

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Hey, easy on the carpetbagger comments.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is carpetbagger worse than damn yankee?

15. JayVols

Sorry. You're an honorary Southerner, imo.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And so it begins...

17. JayVols

For the record, for months now as info has been revealed I've thought this group, along with Jill Stein, are as much in bed with Russia as I have proclaimed Trump to be. Putin covered all his bases.

Unmask and prosecute ALL involved regardless who they are.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a safe bet that sanders himself is clean, given that he endorsed Clinton and campaigned for her.

Stein on the other hand... Tenny, recall her recount escapades. Who did that hurt? And did it help anyone? She has been sowing discord for no real purpose.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The recounts were the same as they were in 2012 - blatant cash grab.
    She / Green Party played the GOP in '12 and Dems in '16.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want to know where the money went.