Fortnite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No thread for this? I’m surprised.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Little kid PUBG imo

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve played with people (adults) who have played both and prefer Fortnite.

Plus it’s free.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Something about animated games just isn't appealing.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. WM

WM Active Member

It's 1000000 times better than PUBG, those who call it a kid game usually suck at the building mechanics and rage quit after 10 minutes. PUBG is a glitchy mess that is being run by a dev company that's in over their head. Game will be a DayZ doozie in a few years with all the new contenders coming to the BR market.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I suuuuuuck at this game. Haven't played a BR or FPS game in forever

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve had a squad I’ve been playing with for about a week now, and we are finally hitting our stride. Got 2 wins in 3 games last night, after only having 1 win prior.

Learning how to build strategically and at the right time has been key for us taking the next step. We’ve also all gotten significantly better with guns in general and snipers specifically.

Anybody on here playing on Xbox One?

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

The part about PUBG being run by an inept bunch isn't wrong, but this is just plainly stupid.

9. WM

WM Active Member

PUBG is a dying game bro. Good news is it should have a longer shelf life than H1Z1, unless the Chinese hackers kill it first.

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

PUBG's state of mismanagement has no bearing on the dumb content of your post.

11. WM

WM Active Member

.[​IMG]

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Pubg is in game preview. It's not fully released. I've never played this game but it looks too cartoony for me. Pubg just had a new update and the game is 100x better and I never had many problems prior.

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You keep saying that, and it's just not true. Just because they're adding patches to hopefully fix and add features that should've been there from the beginning doesn't mean the game isn't fully released, or that saying "it's not fully released" is an acceptable excuse. It's laughably pathetic to think it in any way justifies the game's year long struggle to implement obvious features.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It came out in December for Xbox which is what i play. It literally says Game Preview when the game loads. It's a paid Beta right now. And it's the most fun game I've played in years. Pretty much everything you said is wrong.

15. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Except it's been out for a year this month on PC. The game concept is fun. The execution is poor hence why it's mismanaged. How you continue to misunderstand that concept is befuddling.

Literally saying "game preview" doesn't make it an acceptable excuse. Acting as though slapping the title "beta" on a year-old, extremely inferior version on the Xbox game is called "shilling". It's not a completely new game; in fact, it's the same exact game as the PC version, but with fewer resources put into it, half a year's worth of patches behind, and a few dozen more glaring bugs. They had ambitions to release it on Xbox a few months after its release on PC, and the fact it's so far behind the PC version is ridiculous.

Nobody said to not enjoy the game. WM's prediction of it being a dying game is stupid, but it's mismanaged and PlayerUnknown doesn't manage his game design/patching well-- especially considering he's already created multiple games of this genre before.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

20 man teams could be interesting. I wonder if you can drop in with more than 4 in your squad.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I’ve come frustratingly close to a few solo wins

18. WM

WM Active Member

The shooting mechanics on this game are dumb. They need to turn off bloom.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I got 3rd a couple nights ago dying from the storm in my base. I was livid.

20. WM

WM Active Member

My four year old got 6th last week, lol. If you hug the storm or bush wookie you can make top tens constantly.