Frank Martin Suspended...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Mar 6, 2014.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Hell no. Drill sergeant might cuss at me.

2. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

The worst part is this looks like Ray Tanner suspended him because of the embarrassment rather than the behavior. Either way, he's wrong. I really hope this is came from President Pastides rather than Ray Tanner.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

His past is what made it final this time. He had no leg to stand on.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You've never been cussed out till you play football for a Navy vet from WW2.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Try a Marine from Vietnam. Bring it.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Try an alcoholic from the backwoods of East Tn. My damn little league coach made up new cuss words.

I turned out damn good considering.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm still going with the guy from WW2 that was a part of every major battle in the pacific. We didn't get water, only ice. We got one 5 minute break for ice during a three hour practice.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure about his life story, but I had a coach in middles school who used to call us [ussies pay] and all sorts of names during practice. One of the actual [ussies pay] told his parents about it and the parents had a talk with the coach and the AD. Next practice he came out and said "Well, they won't let me call you [ussies pay] anymore, so I guess I'll have to come up with something new... From now on, you're all a bunch of poontabbers!" And that's what he called us for the rest of his time as coach.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hell. They still gave salt pills out to us when I played.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Apparently, some of the local South Carolina fans thought my comments about Ray Tanner were a bit over the top.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

To answer your second question, yes.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I never thought he cut it as a manager. Especially with the Braves.

13. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I had to drive to SC yesterday and I got to listen to 107.5 while I was in Columbia. A few seem to be defending Frank, but most of them are calling him classless and wanting him gone. It's aggravating.

14. JayVols

The average fan has no freaking clue about the nature of sports- playing and/or coaching.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

We'll take him. But does he come in black?

16. JayVols

[​IMG]

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

This is very true.

18. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Haha, our fans are bound and determined to run him off, so just bide your time until then.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The key to being that kind of coach without losing your team is being consistent with your rules and enforcement of them.