FREE MONEY! 2014 CFB Gambling

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And if I'm being disciplined, my betting amount should vary in accordance with the amount my handicapped line differs from the Vegas line. And if I'm right or close to the vegas line with my line, I should lay off the game.

Also, the amount that my line differs from the vegas line should affect the betting amount more if the numbers are smaller. In other words, if If I have a game handicapped at -9 and Vegas comes out with the line at -2.5, I should be laying wood. And if I have a game -26.5 and the line comes out at -20, I should still be betting on it, but maybe not quite as much as in the 9/2.5 example.

2. kidbourbon

And, fwiw, this is the way Billy Walters does it too. I didn't steal it from him, but it's an intuitive way of doing it, and so it isn't like the approach of "Delta my line v. vegas line" as a betting barometer is anything groundbreaking.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

If Peterman gets the nod, has there been a better line this year than bama -17?

4. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Doesn't mater which FCS QB's start this game.

5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

YTD 40-31 +8 units

5 Cal +17.5

World Series

5 SF -122 ML
    4 SF -1.5 runs +175

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I would not take cal. There will be 30K fans at levi's stadium and Oregon is a bad matchup. If Oregon is the team from 3 weeks ago cal might cover, if they really are back on track cal loses by 5 tds.

7. hallowed_hill

I've always understood that the books shoot for evening out the action. Why dont they move the line more when the public is heavily betting one side, Bama in this case?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they would move the line if there was a lot of betting on one side. the fact it has remained stable, even gone down briefly, suggests someone out there is betting tenn

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I've heard the "evening out the action" is a myth.

10. hallowed_hill

Have a hard time believing this in general. It's the only way they guarantee that they make money.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. no reason for them to take the risk of betting on one side or another.

12. kidbourbon

You heard wrong. They don't always end up in the middle, but books aren't in the business of gambling.

13. kidbourbon

Cal not converting that two point conversion last night with a Great Moment In Gambling History.

14. kidbourbon

Or at least a Great Moment In Gambling History for me.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Because their total action across the board is still balanced. They don't give a shit about individual games.

16. hatvol96

On a single game, that is correct. As a proclamation across the board, it is as dumb as a box of hair.

17. hallowed_hill

What does action across all games mean if individual games are unbalanced?

18. VB

VB Member

Manchester United/Chelsea over 2.5
    Indy -4
    NYJ -3

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Maybe it was in reference to a single game. I don't know.

I'm not a betting man; I was just hoping to bait an informative answer.

20. hatvol96

They want to look across the board and see equal money total on favorites/dogs. That puts them in the driver's seat and gets them their 10%.