Freshmen gems

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 8, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like Moseley and Barnett are exceeding expectations. Moseley has almost locked in a starting role. Good to see a coach pull a 3 star that pans out.

2. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

Hendrix has been standing out as well. Also Elliott Berry will be a player.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barnett is a mean bastard

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I am really starting to feel good about the future of our DLine...we dont lose much at all on defense as a whole after this year. Hopefully Jancek doesn't screw it up...

5. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

VQ actually had a list last night of the freshman that have stepped up to the plate and already earned either a starting job or considerable playing time

DE: Hendrix and Barnett
    DT: Mixon and possibly Sawyers
    DB: Moseley and Kelly Jr
    WR: Malone and Wharton
    OL: Thomas
    RB: Hurd and possibly Derrell Scott
    TE: Ethan Wolf

I really hope TKjr is named starter before we play our first game. I think he's already the best tackler at DB and the kid hits like a freight train. We've been missing that kind of enforcer patrolling the middle of the field for a while now.

6. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Yeah, that's the one thing that excites me about 2015. We bring back everyone besides AJJ, Coleman and Jordan Williams next year while adding yet another outstanding recruiting class. The DL could potentially be the strongest unit on our entire team next season.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Mixon and Sawyers taking meaningful snaps is going to be huge. Hendrix and Barnett providing an actual pass rush is even better.

I can't remember the last time we had a consistent pass rush.

If Moseley lives up to the hype, Cam improves from a stellar freshman year, and Coleman produces at the Nickel...our sack numbers might actually resemble a legitimate defense this year.

Lots of ifs in there though...

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about Evan.

9. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Berry picking might be good this season.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm very pleased to hear about the talent level of our newcomers. Talent will take them a long way; however, they will make several freshman mistakes this season. That's fine. In fact, it's much better than having Dooley's recruits out there. I can live with young'uns making mistakes while playing hard. It's just part of the maturation process & we have no other options.

The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm just excited to see a high level of raw talent. Like you said, they'll make freshman mistakes, but they are also gonna decleat some folks, and it will be awesome.

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yup. If we're talking Natty Chips when they're 20, then they oughta be able to show me sumpin when they're 18.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

natty chips are so good. Bet you can't have just one.