From Volnation

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The sad part is that each of those awful wins, and they were all poorly played and coached, further solidified the guy for no reason. The offense is stupid and the defense doesn't adjust to the opponent. Hallmarks of really bad coaching and nobody wants to talk about it.

2. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Doubt it. They only scored due to special teams blunders against UGA.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The offense has performed as well as it has until this week in spite of the design. I try not to think about the opportunity wasted while the jackass in charge has been there. I have to let some of the defensive miscues slide based on the roster being depleted and the offense putting it in a bind.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Defense yesterday continually lined up wrong, moved with motion every single time and allowed numbers on the weak side.

Shit like that is easy fixes. No matter at what level. We didn't adjust once.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Either Shoop is not the guy we thought he was, or the minute you get hired here, they ask for your brain to be returned when you leave.

I have guys at work that still want to defend this boob of a head coach, but I just nod my head and go on when they start going "Yeah, but this and but that and but this".

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Few guys are the second coming. And it's even harder for coordinators when the head guy isn't the right guy. That's why I was in believe it when I see it mode on the ekite defense this year.

But we looked at times this year. And the defensive injuries really do affect that level of play. Still, Shoop isn't a miracle worker.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hey we had OL injuries yesterday. That must excuse why they looked like complete crap in the first game of the season against a Sunbelt team.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everybody is gonna run the ball against Tennessee. Everybody. It was Opposite Day when Shoop said otherwise. A lot of people don't know that piece of trivia.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe Nick Saban told him his name was nobody. Pulled an Odysseus on him.

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Maybe(hopefully)ND is his real "dream job."

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Gotta give a brother an amen on that.

You nailed it.

12. JayVols

You watch our LBs any?

They looked like they had one of those canes carried by sight impaired people.

13. JayVols

Look them in the eye and tell them excuses are for p*ssies and losers; therefore, it's entirely appropriate to defend the head dumbass we have in charge down in Knoxville with them.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gary Patterson too.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In Shoop's defense, he's lost two nfl players and their replacements to injury.

He also didn't get to bring any of his assistants with him

16. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

If we're stuck with Debord could they just reassign him to OL? Fire Mahoney because he brings nothing to the table and bring in a real OC.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not to mention the interior DL being out two very key players.

Still, not sure why we don't stack the box.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's still a stupid defense with our schedule.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Couldn't risk giving up the big play...

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Butch is more of a tragedy than an epic.