Fulmer's biggest **** the bed game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 23, 2022.

?

What was the worst?

1. Bama 1993

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Florida 1996

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Florida 1997

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Georgia 2001

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LSU 2001

34 vote(s)
    91.9%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Was at the 2001 LSU game feeling great at halftime then a series of WTF moments in 2nd half. Terrible team discipline and lack of coaching adjustments. Everyone was mailing it in.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think blacking out an event is one possible symptom of PTSD

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not 35-0 lead good.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Maybe not 35-0 but that team was nearly all 3 and 4 year starters from teams that had only lost once in conference play since the beginning of 1993.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I think 21 of those points were off of Tennessee turnovers, and the first touchdown was a bomb on 4th down. Tennessee played as bad as they possibly could. The second half of the ‘95 game and the first half of the ‘96 game, those four consecutive quarters were just an absolute nightmare.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

07 Alabama was pretty awful, half of their team was suspended and Tennessee had curbstomped UGA. Saban embarrassed him again

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

As I recall, quite vividly, DJ Hall caught 47 passes that day on 48 targets. And we just sat back and watched every one of them uncontested.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I knew it was either him or Keith Brown

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That game was back when my wife and I were dating and we watched it with one of her friends. Her friend went to school with DJ and was good friends with him. That day was the closest I've ever come to hitting a woman.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yes. It’s like he would run 20 yards into the middle of the field and there would be no one within 10 yards of him

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I was at that one as a 13 year old kid. I still hate Maryland fans. They were dickheads.

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Thank goodness most of us agree. You newbie’s I understand. 1996 UF was inexplicable. But LSU 2001 was the absolute biggest DooDoo Pie ever. Matt freaking Mauck running QB draws on 3rd and Wichita…and making it. Cost us a Natty shot. They had 1 damn play. 1! And we couldn’t even try to stop it. Thanks for the memories

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Yeah, my cousin who’s a Bama grad texted me and said, “y’all might want to cover that guy.” Shitty day

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I thought about this thread when Florida recovered the onside kick.

PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we are lucky the rules don’t allow a return, which doesn’t make sense to me

OneForVol and 10SEvols like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

After my many years as a Vol, I have found that I have to be reminded of all the bad shit I have seen. (Except for the [uck fay]ing Gaffney "catch"; having to cancel my Marriott resort reservations for the expected Rose Bowl trip after the SECC debacle with LSU).

When I opened the thread I immediately went to my happy places ... the Sugar Vols victory and chasing the ND fan out of my section by chanting "Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! as we whipped that ND azz.

Go Vols!

17. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Wyoming in 2008.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Vandy 2005 is an honorable mention.

Things were bad that year, but that loss in Neyland solidified the first losing season…snapped the bowl streak….snapped 23 in a row over Vandy….

And all those things (winning seasons, bowl games, beating Vandy) went from givens and bare minimum expectations, to things that we subsequently missed on routinely for the next 15 years.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That was the week of his firin....I mean, "resignation". It isn't even on the radar for bed shitting, imho.

justingroves likes this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It simply justified the firing