Game odds, win probabilities, power rankings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Aug 9, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If yet another first year head coach comes in and beats Butch's excuse-making ass, well I don't know. Nothing will happen. We'll just be mad and have to listen to people talk about the upward trend UT is on when we beat Vandy and UK.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The Georgia love is really perplexing. I'd be surprised if they were better than 8-4.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

They've still got plenty of good players. That's why the love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If Chubb is healthy they can sleepwalk to 8-4. Four most likely losses are UNC, Ole Miss, UT and UF. I think they take at least two of those.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They beat UNC handily, IMO.

6. RockyHill

They certainly could, but I wouldn't really be surprised if UNC pulls of the upset either.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ole Miss too.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, it's not like they had a QB last year either, and the supporting cast hasn't gotten worse anywhere but the front seven (where I wouldn't be surprised to see them good anyways)

Also, they're not super highly rated, so there's no reason to choke

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That front 7 is a big deal with a young QB and heavy run reliance. They need to be nasty because 3&out will be a problem on O.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Smart will have them there, but the biggest problem with uga is being soft. I don't think that's fixed in 8 months.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Chubb expected to be as good as pre-injury?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm betting he has a 1999 Jamal Lewis like year. He'll show glimpses of what he can do, but he'll only be around 75 to 80%

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I understand the talent, but those sort of underachieving issues don't go away overnight. See USC forever

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Richt had a few fall camps where they didn't allow the defense to take guys to the ground. That kind of mindset takes a while to shake

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bit I do think if Smart let's Chaney run the offense and he focuses on the defense, they will be a great team, just not in year one or maybe even year two

16. RockyHill

Fair enough, but they don't have to be great to win 9+ games with their schedule.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

9 wins and getting beat by Tennessee, Florida and one of UNC/Ole Miss is what you fired Richt for, though. It's not bad, but it's still 2nd in an average sec east

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

But all they need is one (home) upset (against a team whose big rivalry game is the week before) to have the inside track on the East