Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

there us a lot of mystery, but 3 eyed raven and the NK are separate individuals with opposing goals. 3ER appears to be a living memory of the world, linked to the trees, old gods, and children of the forest. NK appears to be a weapon created by the children of the forest that went rogue and has his own agenda. The 3ER wishes to maintain the world as we know it, the NK to erase it and make something else.

We have seen the nk make babies into walkers, and appeared to try and make benjan into one.

this is not necessarily a good vs evil thing. both are not that good. it is more of a living vs unliving thing. I think...

Tenacious D likes this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They created the NK to fight the First Men. Unsure if any remain or they were wiped out at the tree.

Tenacious D and tvolsfan like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

either way, they are virtually gone from what was said back at the tree.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Danny's vision of the Iron Throne in Qarth makes me think, the NK has to sack King's Landing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does NK sack things?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jarret Guarantano, most likely

ptclaus98 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

More of a conscription drive.

IP likes this.
  8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Dead after episode 3
    Brienne
    Greyworm
    Theon
    Edd
    Jorah
    Pod

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So the Children of the Forest (COF) were at war with the First Men (FM), and made the NK as a weapon of that war.

The NK lead an army of WW’s against the FM.

Neither side won(?), but for unknown reasons, the NK/WW’s went away / asleep in the far north, and the FM built the ice wall, ostensibly, so as to prevent their southern re-entry.

The current humans / Houses are the descendants of the FM.

But as the wall was being erected or once built, it was further protected by magical enchantments - and which had to be put into place by the COF (if not then, then who?). If true, doesn’t the wall enchantments prove that the COF were both around and helping the FM when the wall was built? How else to explain or account for it?

So, what happened to the COF, afterward? Are we (the viewers) making a similar mistake that humans made about both NK/WW’s and dragons...an assumption that their recent absence is proof that they are gone / dead?

What was the thing / magic that was unleashed in the tunnel, and killed the WW’s when they had Bran/Hodor trapped? Wasn’t there something magical that occurred? If so, who was that?

10. Tenacious D

Forces / Groups who can still play a gigantic role, both in the story and in its end, and who we are to some degree failing to fully account for:

1. Maesters
    They know everything, are everywhere and advise everyone - no one has more info, historic and contemporaneous, and the necessary knowledge to decipher, plot and plan, than they. And we know that they may be good guys, bastards and both - just like everyone else. It’s the older Maester who was on the Small Council and was orchestrating events from the beginning (and lying that he was more infirm and frail than he really was), who tried to keep Ned from discovering Robert’s bastard, another who resurrected the Mountain and is now Cersei’s Hand of the Queen, and who had all of this important info on everyone, but who would have held it, had Sam not discovered and stole it.

2. The gods: The Lord of Light / Sword of Fire / Who the Red Witch worships
    Admittedly, these may be the same thing, and I’ve misunderstood and/or forgotten this important fact.

3. The Red Witch

4. Euron Greyjoy
    He’s the only one with a fool-proof escape plan, and is dirty and driven enough to be capable of anything. It’s easy to become the King, when you’re the last competitor standing.

5. The Dead & Who May be Raised as WW’s
    Ned, Rob, Robert Baratheon, Robert’s Brother, Caitlyn, Joffrey, Ramsey Bolton, everyone at House Frey, Little Finger, the Mad King, Reaghar Targaryen, Danny’s other older brother (the crown of silver guy), the former leader of the Night’s Watch (who gave John his sword) and all of the members of the Night’s Watch who were killed after they first tried to kill Jon. It’s a veritable who’s who of characters. I can see this wide panning shot that slowly moves in to show a now undead Ned Stark (who it honestly feels like it’s been 100 years since we knew him)...or Ramsay....or Joffrey.

6. The Faceless Men
    Where are they / what are they doing right now? What role will they play, if any? They are equally threatened by the White Walkers....but like the WW’s, they’re also the only group that directly benefits by being able to use dead people (insofar as assuming their identities).

**EDIT EDIT EDIT**
    7. Varys

I don’t think it’s at all accidental that these groups / characters have been - and continue to be - out of sight, out of mind.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the maesters/citadel are devoid of full awareness or motive. they are an institution meant to serve. that is why guys like cersei's lackey and Sam got kicked out. they have agendas, and the maesters are supposed to just serve their assigned lord or king with the knowledge they have attained mastery of.

the lord of light is a total mystery to me. it seems as demonic as good, but its motivations or even confirmation of consciousness have been held from us. it may come in to play, since it is seemingly opposed to the NK's goals but doesn't seem any better really. Same with the red woman.

Euron will get outclassed at some point.

part of me wants to say nah on all the dead raising business, but I guess we really don't know. and it does seem likely shit will go down in the crypt. I was thinking secret passage stuff, with the idea that the NK may have used to be a stark or something.

not sure what role the faceless men have left to play. maybe none.

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13. Tenacious D

Even if the dead in the crypts get resurrected, how will they escape their stone tombs...considering that one wight couldn’t even escape a wooden trunk?

When Danny says, “The dead are already here.” she may be talking about each of them...as they’ve each died and returned to life (Danny in the fire and Jon via the coup / Lord of Light).

The song that Podrick sang was Jenny of Oldstones, and was supposedly written as an ode to Duncan Targaryen’s refusing the throne to be with her.

And this:

chavisut, justingroves and IP like this.
  14. Tenacious D

If the wights attack from the crypts inside Winterfell, they could be trapped by the same moat of fire that was intended to prevent their entry, and leaving the White Walker leaders unguarded and exposed to whichever warriors escaped from the castle grounds.

Even moreso if the NK and his dragon are away in King’s Landing.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This episode will be a let down without some major deaths. All of the remaining Starks, Lannisters, and Targaryens probably have some story left, so at least some of the group you mentioned has to go.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, it has to have some deaths, otherwise we are in for a Disney ending, and that isn't GoT.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Or Sesame Street Elmo coming back to tell everyone to play nice.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just watched it for a second time (and I haven't done that for a lot of episodes). It is so good.

Podrick singing that song was beautiful.

tvolsfan likes this.
  19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

A man of many talents

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently eating a lot between seasons 7 and 8 is one of his talents.

tvolsfan and Ssmiff like this.