Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Star Wars fans were gonna [itch bay] about it whether it was good or not

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whitewalkers should have ended it 3 episodes in. Great series. Worst last season of any of the greats, imo. Average finale.

GahLee likes this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Rian Johnson killed Star Wars. What is dead may never die.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The first 25 minutes were good. After he offed her it was complete dogshit.

VolDad and utvol0427 like this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It just sucks that we went from some really great material to D&D cramming everything into two half season because they aren't creative enough to write new material or build a team to write it. It's rare that I've seen a final season as universally hated as this one.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

At least it’s not as bad as the Seinfeld finale.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought it was pretty good. I think there are a lot of different kinds of fans and we all saw the show in our own ways. thus, the kind of resolution one expected or anticipated varied but there would only be the one.

Arya's ending is most perplexing to me. followed by why bran needs a master of whispers.

no way jon would have survived in that trump rally atmosphere after killing dany.

tvolsfan and emainvol like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

you mistake vocal group with universal. no one rants about thinking it was alright.

tvolsfan and emainvol like this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The last thing kinda bothered me, but the Unsullied couldn't bring themselves to do shit without Dany telling them to, so they were probably lost.

Now the Dothraki on the other hand...

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it’s a big internet lemming thing, I think

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

people who didn't realize the show was at it's heart anti war and dany was the embodiment of "best intentions" from the beginning are the most upset. they thought she was a feminist revolutionary.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Drogon seemed to think the iron throne killed dany. either metaphorically (which is true) or literally because she had a damn blade in her

13. JohnnyQuickkick

10 episodes or maybe another season would’ve maybe done it more justice but I’m ok with it

justingroves likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

Glaurung would’ve never fallen for that shit

15. JohnnyQuickkick

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

At that point I thought the dragon would burn her body and become submissive to John; the true heir. Dragon become submissive then the unsullied and the rest would too.

Hate Bran is King.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    GahLee likes this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

People seem to hate it for different reasons but to me the ending was half assed. It's almost like DnD approached the last 2 half seasons as GoT is immune from any and all criticisms because it's GoT. They spent more time directing battle sequences than fleshing out the plot for a highly, highly successful series. I don't have an issue with the macro ending per say, other than Danny enslaving all of westeros seemed more grr than the good guys always wins. But how we got here was highly underwhelming.

GahLee likes this.
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Waiting for tomorrow's salon or mother jones article saying how "Bran the Broken" is insensitive and a slight against handicap people.

2Maggitt2Quit and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Anyone else think they edited Ghost in at the last minute due to all the hate?

Meh...they tied up most of the loose ends...didn't like how we got here.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I thought this would happen as well. Last two season are complete dogshit. Days of Our Lives bad.