GATech Post Game Autopsy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 5, 2017.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

Slo Mo bomb

[video=youtube;taA2faZLMvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taA2faZLMvw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2. MWR

MWR Contributor

TD Bomb Slo Mo. This was a good play for the Vols, but I don't think many of the Ga Tech DBs will be playing on Sunday.

[video=youtube;SSSO0i8_4r0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSSO0i8_4r0[/video]

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know, as great as that catch is, Dormady still chucked it up into double coverage and was going to be intercepted if Callaway doesn't jump into the stratosphere to catch it.

4. MWR

MWR Contributor

If the GT DBs get to practice against whatever offence GT runs, they probably never get to defend a pass

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It happens. No qb us going to perfectly throw that every time. Receivers have to make plays too

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Exactly. That throw Ainge had to Brett Smith against UF looked like it could have been picked then Smith goes up and just snatches it outta the air. Ainge threw a good ball on that one though too, just muscled it in there.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Is tackling a guy by grabbing the back of his helmet not a penalty? I feel like if face-masking and horse-collaring are penalties, that should be too.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had his face mask too

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The stripes pretty much just let Georgia Tech do whatever

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was a really shitty officiated game. I'm sure Tech fans can point out a few glaring no calls on Tennessee too, but their entire offense was in motion before the ball was snapped 50% of the time.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had the replay on, and I noticed this guy:

[​IMG]

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, GT's defense doesn't look very good upon careful inspection...

[​IMG]

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that's really a great cut and run by Kelly. GT gets 2 DL in the backfield.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd be pissed if that were UT on D. They had two good shots at tackling him and whiffed. Not taking anything away from Kelly.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kelly is going to make a lot of people mad at their defense