Gators CB Jalen Tabor makes fun of ESPN for projecting UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 14, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have my doubts that a guy like Dormady can run this offense against the SEC. And Butch doesn't seem too keen on tweaking things.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano can run the offense

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Running back will dip, only because 240 lb guys that run 4.5s are rare

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Better hope this season is magical. Lyle with be armed to the teeth with excuses come next year.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't be shocked to see Butch take a 10 win season and jump to another job. The pressure was getting to him last year

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We can only hope. Would love for the next guy to have a full cupboard.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Mattresses will burn, but I think you may be right. Heck, he could leave, flame out, and a sizable portion of the fan base would be clamoring for his return if the next coach is struggling at all.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

How about up by 24 with 4 minutes left? Under these circumstances I would be completely content with him putting yards gained in the backseat and instead emphasizing one or both of infliction of punishment on UF players or inappropriate, classless taunting. I would really really like to see some taunting penalties under such circumstances. I'd get warm fuzzies all over. The more outward bravado the warmer and the fuzzier I'd get.

9. kidbourbon

I can live with that. Do it early and do it once to let him know who's boss. Then go for the yards.

10. kidbourbon

As I noted previously, and with some evidentiary data to support my assertion, I don't believe this to be true.
    I do believe the latter will happen in abundance. It will be a year that we'll "overachieve" as it relates to general perception, but not as it relates to how good our talent dictates we should be.

11. kidbourbon

I think Dormady's gonna be good.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

With game in hand, I am inclined to agree. Culture change.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Anyone think this year's game is going to be a little dirty? I get the feeling it will.

15. kidbourbon

We all like Hurd because he's big and strong and focking yearns for the contact that brings those physical tools to bear. But he's not a home run hitter, and I suspect (though I haven't looked to confirm) that we've got somebody on the roster who will be more of a HR hitter. So, there will be a difference in the means by which the end goal of gaining yards on the ground is acheived, but I have a feeling that the end result won't be drastically different.

16. kidbourbon

Like, dirty sanchez, rusty trombone, type dirty? I sure hope not.

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

After 11 years, it's time to go in dry.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hopefully the passing game improves to make up for any dip in the running game.

Maybe John Kelly can be the latest version of Travis Stephens.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

KB, empty your inbox. Someone was trying to get a hold of you.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If im not mistaken, John Kelly is the fastest guy on the team (or maybe it was fastest rb), he may be that home run hitter.