George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Trial

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Mar 29, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just showed the whole 9 minute video. Absolutely brutal and heartbreaking to watch.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It reminds me of when you are a kid, and you instinctively know when rough housing or fighting with has to be able to breathe. It is hard to understand how anyone can forget to make sure someone can breathe and is breathing.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hope our cities are prepared for a not guilty verdict.

Indy likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Will be curious to see for which charge a guilty verdict is necessary in order to prevent rioting from happening.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Can't imagine him escaping manslaughter at the absolute worst. Murder 2 seems very possible to me. Would be great if they got Murder 3 back on the case via appeal

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know that even manslaughter is going to satisfy many. I could also just be expecting the worst and it turns out that the worst doesn’t happen.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't see how he's not guilty of manslaughter at absolute minimum.

Indy and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not guilty and everywhere riots. Manslaughter and only some riots. Anything else and still probably a riot or two.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think Murder 2 will be a stretch to convict. I'm not familiar enough with Murder 3 to comment.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

As I recall, Murder 3 is something that varies by state but comes across pretty subjective and not hard to get if you are in the manslaughter territory.

CardinalVol likes this.
  11. fl0at_

I glanced at a headline and went no further, that said something like "Witness says Chauvin used 'blood choke.'"

So if that's a witness for the prosecution, it's off to a bad start... blood choke doesn't affect the airways. It affects, get this, blood circulation.

But even worse, you can do a blood choke wrong, and affect the airway.

So you can't actually witness a blood choke, or an airway choke. You can just witness a choke.

How well it is done determines the type.

justingroves likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

and either way this occurred while he is cuffed.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I hope the a verdict appeases BLM so we can avoid the domestic terrorism which has been threatened against the US. "Buildings will burn if we aren't happy". Ridiculous

14. fl0at_

That's not a BLM thing. Those are the actions of specific individuals.

Very few protestors destroy property, and the ones that do, are prosecuted when identified.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The murder of a man in hand cuffs is one thing, but threats are ridiculous.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope a just verdict is reached, not an appeasing one. Whatever that verdict may be. I have watched and read zero about this, so I really do not know which way it should go.

And if it makes people unhappy to the point they burn stuff, I hope they are in turn prosecuted.

CitrusCo.Vol and Volst53 like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh. If this isn't murder, then burning stuff isn't burning stuff.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's going to be tricky. Hopefully the truth will come out either way and I'd hate to be on the jury.

You have the police chief saying that from body cam footage that DK's knee was on GF's shoulder and not neck.

His friend has stated that he's afraid that he will be charged with his death for selling him the fentanyl that may have been what actually killed him if the body cam footage actually shows DK's knee was on his shoulder

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You also have your own eyes which has seen him with his knee on his neck, with his hands on his pockets which would seemingly indicate that force was being applied nonchalantly. In the end, it will come down to whether the defense can confuse at least one juror to not believe their lying eyes.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator