George Zimmerman Verdict

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Apr 12, 2012.

?

What will be the outcome?

1. Guilty of Second Degree Murder

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Guilt of a lesser charge/Plea Deal

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Not Guilty

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How do you have the time and energy to argue with so many people?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he was agreeing with you

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't think we should use watermelons, I say we use someone we all care about, let him tell us when he feels like his life may be in danger. I nominate Hat. (Joking)

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1) didn't martin's own team verify he had a broken nose?

2) I agree. Zimmerman was full of it, but I have no doubt he feared for his life at some point and that he took a beating from martin. I've always supported a manslaughter conviction.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I didn't say he should have been shot, that had nothing to do with my point at all. I was just saying the media portrayed him as this sweet little angel by showing pics of him when he was younger. Not more current pics of him at the time. My point was about the media and how they handle all of these situations. I think Zimmerman escalated the issue when he should have laid back and let the police handle it after he called them.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, Zimmerman's nose was not examined and the medical provider specifically said they couldn't verify that the nose was broken (thought it probably was).

Manslaughter would have been the proper charge in my opinion given what we know (and don't know). Probably could have gotten a conviction too.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Could you imagine what would happen in a Federal prison?

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I kind of see a Rodney king future for him. hard to believe he's going to remain on the straight and narrow long term.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Zimmerman is ticking time bomb

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Depends on if it is max or minimum.

11. hatvol96

I have a lot of hate. It's good fuel.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The AFB my dad was stationed at when I was younger had a minimum security federal prison on it. They basically had a white line painted on the road and sidewalk that they weren't allowed to cross.

13. hatvol96

A friend of mine's father was there. His role as a prisoner was to be the chauffeur for the military big wigs. Think they had a golf course there, too.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The base we were at had a really nice golf course. My dad finally got a house on the course at the end of his career.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Used to work with a guy that had been in the state pen and a federal prison.

Said federal was a cake walk. But he said in 18 months in state pen he never slept a wink scared out of his damn mind.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A man who shot at George Zimmerman during a confrontation earlier this week along a busy central Florida road has been arrested.

Matthew Apperson was charged on Friday with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and firing a missile into an occupied conveyance, Lake Mary police reported in a news release. Apperson turned himself in at the police department Friday evening.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-shot-george-zimmerman-charged-234105323.html

The guy who shot at George Zimmerman during a road rage incident this week ... allegedly taunted Zimmerman moments before opening fire, yelling ... "You remember me, you fat motherf****r?"

According to police a detective on the crime scene overheard Apperson say, "I hope I got him this time." As we've reported, Apperson and Zimmerman had another road rage incident last year -- and cops say it appears Apperson is now obsessed with Zimmerman.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3aGMs19Uk

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He reminds me of a guy I went to high school with that could piss off everyone in a room in 30 seconds and never realize he was doing it.

18. hatvol96

Too bad the guy is a lousy shot.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm trying to understand, having a guy sitting on your chest and beating you on the face does not warrant the use of a gun, but driving down the highway does?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anyone is calling the shooting on the highway justified, just not unexpected. In fact, I bet he's going to have these sort of experiences every couple of years. Probably just an unlucky guy.

As far as I am concerned, Martin was a hero standing up to a bully.