George Zimmerman Verdict

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Apr 12, 2012.

?

What will be the outcome?

1. Guilty of Second Degree Murder

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Guilt of a lesser charge/Plea Deal

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Not Guilty

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you really are trolling today. so if someone is an ******* you just beat the shit out of him? that's a hero in your mind?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If someone follows and harrasses you at night, possibly lays hands on you, then you punching them is an act of courage. Stalking people is not okay.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, glad to see nothing has changed around here.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you seriously think a ***** like Zimmerman put his hands on him before martin beat the crap out of him? sorry beating the crap out of someone isn't an act of courage no matter how much of a dipshit they are being. you do realize this is the same argument given as to why police brutality is ok right?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what happened exactly. I know nothing would have happened if Zimmerman would have minded his own business and followed the instructions of the 911 operator.

How do you know Zimmerman was getting the crap beaten out of him? We've only heard one side of this, and the injuries to Zimmerman were superficial. Meanwhile, Martin was shot dead.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't consider his injuries superficial. And I agree this wouldn't have happened if Zimmerman have minded his own business, but it also wouldn't have happened if martin didn't react violently to Zimmerman being a dipshit.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't think anybody ever denied George Zimmerman was a colossal dipshit.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Medically, they were superficial. You don't know what Zimmerman said or did. We never got to hear Martin's side.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we do know he followed what 3 dozen other people around? and never got in a physical confrontation with any of them, so I'm going to assume Martin had something to do with it escalating to violence.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

His wounds were superficial, just bumps and scratches, like any normal scrape. At what point does Martin get to do something when a strange person in the night starts accosting him for no damn reason? Does he have to wait to get shot before it's finally not Martin's fault? Or, is it the responsibility of the person packing a handgun to not accost strange people in the night and then shoot them when that person decides they are concerned about their safety, as well?

In every single scenario, known and unknown, regarding this situation there is one incontrovertible and undeniable fact and that is that Martin would not have been shot had Zimmerman minded his own ****ing business, like he was told by the 911 operator and would have been by anyone with a lick of common sense.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

following someone around is accosting them? once again. we know Zimmerman did this all the time. do you really believe he chose this moment to "accost" someone?

12. CardinalVol

Which is why I've said a million times they should have gone after him for manslaughter.

And I also think he ends up dead before 2020.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

which I think I've said over and over I agree with you about.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This.

I think he's a ***** at heart.

15. CardinalVol

Yup. He's just a total nutjob, plain and simple.

16. Unimane

Or, the others just scattered when a strange dude in the night started following them. Are you saying that Martin is not allowed to Stand His Ground?

17. Unimane

OK, fair enough. I was on board with the manslaughter charge over murder from the get go, anyway.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death"

is required for stand your ground. someone following you around doesn't fit in that category. nor should it.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I am saying Martin was perfectly fine until he climbed on Zimmerman's chest. The only reason you would climb on a person's chest, is to inflict serious bodily harm on a defenseless person.

20. Unimane

Or, to stop them from doing harm to you. Zimmerman managed to inflict serious bodily harm from his back, so I don't think this is a failsafe characterization of a defenseless person or one capable of inflicting bodily harm.