George Zimmerman Verdict

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Apr 12, 2012.

?

What will be the outcome?

1. Guilty of Second Degree Murder

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Guilt of a lesser charge/Plea Deal

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Not Guilty

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

NBC has some splaining to do.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

With such a toxic topic, it's important that outlets provide as much toxic coverage as possible, rather than just ignoring the whole thing.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume you, like me, are having a hard time believing these witnesses. I can't imagine that he makes a show of it in public after all the problems it has caused him. He's a stupid POS, but can't be that stupid. I think this is a guy trying to avoid legal trouble for threatening to kill a guy.

Maybe Z thinks it will get him free rounds of drinks or something, but this bragging story seems ludicrous.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It does indeed, but he keeps having these little problems of people confronting him violently, all the way back to Martin. Just an unlucky guy?

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think the current confrontations are all about the initial one.

He might have been stupid in the first and invited the attack, but I believe he shot the guy in self defense. I certainly don't think there was enough proof to support murder.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I suspect that if Casey Anthony was walking around Florida as freely as Zimmerman that she would get into some unprovoked violent confrontations. Would that mean that she is starting or inviting them?

Disliked people are disliked.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think he's the first to have to deal with this kind of thing. With him getting as much national attention I'm sure it's a huge problem for him. Perhaps deservedly so, but I don't think these encounters necessarily indicate he is out looking for trouble.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's an excellent example against your point. We don't hear about her having run-ins with the public, or trying to adopt children.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Honestly, race crimes are probably perceived worse than child murder these days.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like the makings of a fascinating but dark social experiment.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, Casey Anthony is a woman, so probably right away that turns off a huge portion of people that want to teach her a lesson.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

"If you meet an asshole in the morning, you've met an asshole. If you meet assholes all day--you're the asshole."

Zimmerman is more of a "meets assholes all day" type of dude.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have been to that restaurant and it reminded me of a biker bar. Probably did not take too much talking for an idiot like him to get his ass kicked.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see how suing himself will help.

The Dooz likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sue himself for a million, pay himself a million, sue himself for a million, pay himself a million.

Pretty sure that's unlimited money.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He’s got no business suing the Martin family, regardless of whether or not Trayvon was at fault.

The Dooz and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are a thousand ways he could have moved forward from this. It's incredible he has circled back.