Georgia Fans Say "Keep giving it to Hurd"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 8, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Georgia fan on Ruckers TL said the Georgia fans are already calling Hurd a bust and that he "looks like a tight end trying to run through the line of scrimmage. "

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Would be funny if he rambled off 200 on them in a few weeks.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it's been discussed ad nauseam, but i can't imagine anybody who has watched would arrive at the conclusion that it's a lack of talent on Hurd's part

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The one thing I've noticed which concerns me about Hurd is that he is getting tackled one on one in the open field quite a bit. The great RBs make that guy miss or get an extra three to five yards. Hopefully, this is just a part of the learning process.

5. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I'd say he's doing pretty good to average positive yardage considering he has to juke and dodge the entire DL as soon as he gets the ball.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He put his shoulder into defenders quite a few times to get extra yards and had the one run I remember where he pulled off two spin moves for a 10-15 yard gain.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed, I think he is actually fairly difficult to tackle. It is just that 5 guys get a crack at him every carry.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I actually thought the run blocking would be better this year. Boy was I wrong. Maybe these new guys have the mean streak we've lacked.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember one lb for Arkansas State leaving the game after tackling him

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

um, I haven't seen this. I've seen him fighting for just about every yard he makes. There haven't been many open field opportunities.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Repeatedly. Probably with cracked ribs or something. Kinda wished they'd taped him to the bench after the game was no longer in doubt.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Other than his sole rushing TD and the rush where he had two nice spins moves, the first guy to meet him has seemed to always take him down. He hasn't impressed me with his hyped elusiveness and ability to break tackles.

13. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Yeah that guy went out after every tackle. I can't believe they left him in the game.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who hyped his elusiveness? He's a 230 lb battering ram that teams get tired of tackling with great speed

15. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Nothing elusive about an 8 yard stride. He's not Barry Sanders, but if he had a hole worth running through I guarantee you he would destroy a few more lbs

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Our run scheme wouldn't do any back favors, but it especially doesn't favor Hurd's style/body type.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Watched the offensive plays from the Arky State game and I say please please please, keep giving Jalen the ball. He's gonna be special barring injury.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think the jury is still out. But with backs like Lewis, Webb, and Cobb you could spot the it factor instantly. I haven't seen "it" yet with Hurd unfortunately. And, yes, it's possible to grade a back even when the line looks as feeble as ours.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

But can you accurately grade them? Those guys were on much better teams with much better lines and much better coaching. I haven't been overly impressed with Hurd either but the line and the play calling haven't done him any favors.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We'll keep giving him the ball in a way that doesn't give him a chance to succeed.

Go team!